The Academic Administration office in Shannon College of Hotel Management is responsible for the creation and maintenance of student academic records and can assist you with any questions you might have relating to your studies in Shannon.

The most common queries received are dealt with below.

Academic Transcript

Academic Transcript

An Academic Transcript is required if you wish to pursue further study or move abroad and apply for work visas.

An Academic Transcript lists your complete academic history: programmes attended, a breakdown of marks/grades achieved, the degree awarded and your overall grade. All requests for academic transcripts must be made by completing the downloadable request form (PDF)*, and submitting it directly to the Academic Administration Office.


Shannon Diploma v Degree

Shannon Diploma v Degree

Up to 2004, Shannon students graduated with a Diploma in International Hotel Management.
Many universities and colleges accept the Shannon Diploma for direct entry to Masters Programs. You will require an Academic Transcript to apply.

Please contact the Academic Administration office for further information.

Re-issuing Parchments

Duplicate Parchments:

Pre 2005

If you graduated with a Shannon Diploma in International Hotel Management before 2005, a duplicate parchment can be issued by the Academic Administration office in Shannon College of Hotel Management. There is a cost of €50 for this document.

Post 2005

If you graduated in 2005 or since, duplicate parchments are issued by the National University of Ireland at a cost of €50 per document. Please contact the NUI directly with your request


Translating Parchment into English

Certification of awarded Testimonia (Verification in English)

Degrees of the NUI are issued in Latin. Certificates, verifying these awards, can be issued in English. Please contact the NUI if wish to avail of this service

Further Study

Shannon College is collaborating with NUI Galway in the delivery of their Executive MBA programme. Further information is available on their website >> here.

For further information on any of the above topics or any other queries you may have, please contact Mary Brennan, Academic Administration.