PJ’s Irish Pub Manager, Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi
Working for Le Royal Meridien is so much more than just a job, it’s a lifestyle. Every day is a new experience, with new challenges and exciting opportunities to grow, stretch and reach your potential. To attract and retain the best and brightest people for our growing team, we offer exceptional benefits, world class training programs and strategic career development to inspire our associates to achieve their goals while positively impacting the lives of our guests and their fellow associates. A career with Le Royal Meridien is a greatly rewarding work experience.
The Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi with 277 guest rooms including 79 luxurious suites offers unsurpassed comfort. The hotel boasts 6 restaurants, 2 night clubs as well as a pub, P.J.O’Reilly’s that is the only Irish pub in Abu Dhabi.
Synonymous with the expatriate community the PJ’s Irish Pub and Bar has developed an enviable following with it on the top of many ‘to-do’ lists when showing visitors around the towns nightlife. In its peak business periods the pub is full of expats from all industry segments and with live entertainment every night it is the most happening place in town. We are expanding the PJ O’Reilleys concept into a adjoining F & B space without too much risk with faster ROI by creating a new brand and concept of a very exciting and busy Irish pub with double the capacity of the existing venue
PJ’s Irish Pub Manager
- To interact with customers (including serving food and drink) and ensuring that high standards of customer service are maintained
- To be responsible for pub safety and security (including recruiting and managing security staff in large or centrally-based pubs)
- To oversee compliance with health and safety regulations (in the pub, kitchen and other areas) at all times;
- To collect customer feedback and acting on it to improve the overall running of the venue
- To assist in re-stocking the venue
- To assist in undertaking regular stock checks and placing orders with stores and suppliers
- Beverage cost knowledge
- To ensure regular maintenance of the premises, including cleaning and repairs
- To train and manage all staff, including leading meetings to update and motivate staff
- To monitoring profitability, beverage cost, and performance to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded
- To ensure that the pub adheres to all legal frameworks
- To work directly with the F&B EAM – Food & Beverage or F&B Operations Manager to establish a successful event and entertainment program and precise event requirements for PJ O’Reilleys .
- To work directly with the F&B EAM – Food & Beverage or F&B Operations Manager to plan area layouts
- To produce detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- To prepare a detailed plan of PJ O’Reilleys events within the deadlines set by the F&B EAM – Food & Beverage or F&B Operations Manager
- Candidate must send their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Irish Pub Manager Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.
- A bachelor’s degree graduate
- 2-3 years related experience
- Preferably Irish, British, Scottish and Australian National
- Excellent computer proficiency; organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail.
We thank all applicants however; only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.