This is a fantastic opportunity for a successful candidate to come and join Guinness Store dynamic Team.
Guinness Storehouse is Ireland’s No. 1 visitor attraction and has a key role to play in the Guinness Global Brand agenda. It is home to the Guinness visitor experience. This includes retail, restaurant and bar facilities, corporate training and event facilities, company archives and Diageo’s alcohol responsibility zone
Purpose of Role
The Planner is responsible for coordinating, managing and monitoring all the ‘input functions’ in VE operations- reservations, systems, labour budget and training
The role has responsibility for the preparation of labour budgets, plans the use of human resources, organises recruitment and placement of required staff.
People Manager- monitor, manage and evaluate performance
Role – accountabilities
- Visitor Planning- Reservations/ Travel Trade Bookings
- Provide weekly/ monthly plan for Travel Trade arrivals and Visitor Arrivals to Storehouse team in order that full operations has proactive plan
- Ensure efficient processes are in place with other stakeholders to ensure effective planning, e.g. business development manager
- Maximise visitor numbers by managing group bookings through effective planning, analysis and tracking of bookings
- Ensure the efficient management of the reservations department
- Systems superuser- inputting and reporting on b2b rates and performance
- People Planning
- Prepare labour budgets, plan the use of human resources, organise recruitment and placement of required staff.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the input functions in VE operations- labour, training and ensure that team members (in-house & outsourced) are properly trained and skilled to do their jobs
- People Manager- monitor, manage and evaluate performance.
- Operations Management
- Duty Manager as required
- Deputise for Visitor Experience Manager as required
3rd level qualification in hotel and catering, tourism or hospitality management OR
3rd level qualification in business management
- Strong operations management experience, managing cross-functional teams, preferably in hospitality tourism or service environment
- 2-3 years experience in people performance management
- Experience of the establishment, delivery and measurement of excellent service standards
- Front office/ Reservations/ planning skills
If this is the Role for you please apply to our website www.diageo-careers.com
The closing date for applications is Tuesday the 23rd of April 2013.