We’re no ordinary hotel business. Devere Mottram Hall with vibe, is a unique concept. Ours is a design-led, inspirational and multi-faceted product, attractive to a diverse customer base where locals are as valuable as corporate and leisure guests and we strive to consistently deliver “more than” to our guests.
We are currently recruiting for a Meeting and Events Operations Manager. The hotel has 8 meeting rooms with a maximum capacity of 300 and extending to 450 in the Marquee which is in place for December.
Only read on if;
- You’re passionate about delivering consistently great guest service across a variety of event offerings, large and small.
- Want to inspire and drive a team to really excel in delivering fantastic results
By ……………….. ensuring memorable experience for every guest, everytime!
Your role is to ensure that Meeting & Events department consistently offers the highest professional standards of service for our guests and maximizes profitability. You’re a real organiser, who loves leading and motivating your team to deliver memorable events, including meetings, formal dinners, weddings, parties and cabaret nights. Standards of guest service are your main focus and you’re pretty good at juggling competing priorities and appearing cool, calm and collected at all times.
You achieve this by being known and admired for recruiting, motivating and challenging a diverse and talented team, who always look to go the extra mile to please our guests. You also drive consistently high operating standards and are a role model for great teamwork. All of this, combined with your commercial ‘savvy’ makes sure we deliver great results within realistic budgets.
- Ensure that the M&E team are working to standard meeting and/or exceeding their own personal objectives.
- WOW conference guest with your enthusiasm and attention to detail from welcome to farewell.
- Oversee and participate in the set up and service of meeting rooms to specified requirements, always with a keen eye for detail
- Be technologically savvy; to be able to operate, demonstrate and instruct AV equipment safely and efficiently
- Oversee the safe storage of M&E equipment.
- Have a passion for F&B; serve with confidence and flare and utilise your own knowledge of upselling at every opportunity.
- Train and coach team members to deliver excellence
- Be a team player; support your team and take pride in doing so; together we maximize profitability.
- Think creatively and have business acumen in relation to financial matters- get involved in the financial performance and targets to assist in the overall profitability of the department.
- Ensure that the department and team members operate and comply with all statutory requirements.
- Maintain effective relationships with the sales team, offering solutions and advice for bookings – always keep ahead of the game.
- Financial understanding of the department’s profitability – margin, GP, budgetary constraint, revenue and profit conversion.
- Regular 1:1’s and performance reviews with your team, consistently sustaining team motivation and ethos and ensuring that standards and performance are continually improving.
- Set SMART departmental objectives to meet and exceed company/hotel budgets and targets. Communication of these objectives to team members and oversee action plans for delivery.
- Welcome change and support management colleagues and team members – ensure clarity of information received and provide guidance to negate miscommunication.
- Liaise with MD,Resident Manager, Sales Manager, and P&D Manager as applicable for advice. Act proactively on that advice and evaluate the success of actions.
- Conduct, review and evaluate statutory requirements/performance in the department by way of training, coaching, audits and self-regulation.
- Track record of achievement and profitable growth in a conference/events environment at management/supervisory level.
- Results driven, with a sense of urgency about achieving objectives and a problem solving approach.
- Personality – customer facing presence, rapport business, host.
- Calm and assured under pressure
- Passion for F&B product and service. Pacy and energetic. Dynamic. ‘ Can do’
- Leadership capability – leads from the front and delegates effectively.
- Coach and hands on trainer
- Plate spinner and problem solver. Well organised and structured in approach.
- Commercially savvy – awareness of how to make the Department perform to agreed targets. Is interested in market developments.
- Confidence to demand high standards for others, challenge upwards for appropriate resources, to make your Meetings & Events Team the best!
Team of cira 20, including Team Leaders, perm and casual workers.
For further information or to apply for this role, please contact Donn Timmons, General Manager.