To provide excellent guest service and genuine hospitality by creating memorable luxury experiences in line with the hotel and Company standards. To deal with all enquiries in an efficient, friendly and professional manner ensuring that sales opportunities are maximised at all times. To adhere to all meeting & events and front office department procedures.
To be totally flexible in performing duties assigned and in assisting within the department and throughout the hotel as required.
- To assist in the smooth running of the meeting & events and front office department ensuring guest satisfaction.
- To convert enquires to confirmed business and ensure the maximisation of the hotel facilities.
- To proactively sell the hotel facilities and ensure budgeted figures are achieved or exceeded.
- To maximise service provided through adhering to Company standards.
- To serve guests in a friendly, timely and professional manner.
- To contribute to the profitability of the hotel by maximising all sales opportunities.
- To have good knowledge of the room types and be able to allocate accordingly, anticipating guests needs and taking preferences in to account.
- To develop an understanding of the local area and to be able to give out basic information.
- To have a complete and thorough knowledge of all meeting and events facilities and services that the hotel offers i.e. menu pricing, room sizes, audio visual equipment etc.
- To follow up guest requests to ensure that they are delivered and carried out to the guests’ satisfaction in a timely manner.
- To be aware of all hotel services and outlet opening times and keep up to date with hotel knowledge to assist with answering guest enquiries.
- To monitor the arrivals list and be aware of impending VIP arrivals at all times.
- To deal appropriately with VIP guests.
- To deliver all services to guests.
- To provide guests with a friendly, courteous and efficient service.
- To liaise with the meeting & events and front office team to find opportunities to ‘surprise and delight’ our guests whenever possible.
- To ensure both internal and external telephone calls are answered promptly and professionally and within 3 rings.
- To handle any guest complaints in a professional and prompt manner, ensuring the guest complaint has been resolved or escalated to your direct report prior to the guest departure.
- To ensure guest feedback, negative, positive and constructive is communicated to management immediately for action to be taken to prevent re-occurrence.
- To adhere to the procedures and standards set out for your department.
- To meet every guest with a smile, a greeting and an enquiry.
- To follow through on relevant guest requests from check in to departure.
- To anticipate guests’ needs and provide service to the level they require.
- To be aware of and recognise and acknowledge ‘regular and repeat’ guests and to encourage repeat business, actively taking an active interest in passing on possible sales leads and other relevant intelligence to the sales team/management.
- To attend and have input at team briefings.
- To communicate any relevant information to related departments.
- To ensure allocated duties are fully completed at the end of the shift.
- To react positively and embrace change.
- To comply with any health and safety requirements.
- To be suitably presented for your shift
- To develop a strong working relationship with all colleagues in your department and all other departments.
- To offer assistance to a fellow colleague in the spirit of teamwork.
- To be part of a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
- To make sure that a handover is received at the beginning of every shift and to be knowledgeable about events and special requirements for that particular day.
- To communicate professionally and effectively with staff and guests.
- To work flexibly across all relevant departments, to develop knowledge of associated roles and to assist where required covering for absences allowing service standards to be maintained.
- To take a responsible approach towards timekeeping and attendance at work to ensure the department runs effectively at all times.
- To adhere to all Company standards
- To ensure routine maintenance is carried out in your areas of responsibility, reporting any damage, wear and tear.
- To willingly carry out reasonable requests which may not be the normal day to day requirement made by your manager/team leader.
For further information, please contact Anne Callinan, Human Resource Manager.