Noel Recruitment is currently recruiting for the following position:
General Manager – Catering & Event Company-Cork Based
(May suit highly experienced Executive/Head Chef)
The GM will be responsible for operational management of a broad portfolio of business contracts within the event division. This role is a highly Client & Customer facing and commercial role. Together with the Director of Operations, the GM will have responsibility for delivering financial commitments in terms of Revenue and Trading profit for their business. They will be required to identify and secure opportunities for driving vertical selling within the Region. Working collaboratively with colleagues the role holder will be accountable for implementation of top line and productivity programs. The role holder will have responsibility for implementation of people activities which will include recognition and engagement programs and communication of our Mission/Vision and Values.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the role holder will manage a team of Front Line Staff. They will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of food standards &service is delivered to their client’s expectations. They will play a key role in supporting retention efforts, growing contracts, delivering on financial commitments and exceeding client & customer requirements. They will work collaboratively with other internal stakeholders to deliver the Company commitments on productivity, growth and people.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience of event catering or high volume hotel/restaurant operations in a demanding environment including a proven track record in event/catering/banqueting operations Diploma qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrates ability to work and multi task in multi-site environments
- Demonstrated ability to manage successfully in P&L environments
- Excellent people management skills with a proven track record of developing people
- The ability to work with the company’s executive chef & food safety officer
- The ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve agreed targets
- Must be customer focused with excellent Client and employee relationship building skills
- Good PC skills including MS Office Word and Excel for reporting purposes
- Results orientated with proven ability to drive the business forward
- Experience of problem solving and delivering innovative solutions
- Availability of working long shifts, short weeks and flexibility for national travel
- Experience with all equipment from Ovens, Refrigeration, Work Benches, Sinks and all small utensils for on site pop up kitchens
- Must have experience in events from 100-1000 approx
This role may suit an experienced F&B or C&B or GM from Catering/Hotel/Restaurant operations.
The client will also accept applications from head/executive chefs in a high volume background.
This position is a Senior Management appointment within the company and attracts a great package to include basic, car, and laptop, mobile and associated expenses.
Please apply to Brid Kearney with an up to date CV and two references in complete confidence for consideration.
We thank you applying for this position with Noel Recruitment-Hospitality Division. We will always give an honest appraisal of your CV in relation to the client’s specific requirements for this particular role. If you do not hear back from us directly after 5 working days, we regret that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will add your personal details to our database where your information is kept confidential for future vacancies that match your current skill set.
Noel Recruitment- NRF Hospitality award winner for the last 6 years www.noel.ie