At Carton House, you will be responsible for driving new business and developing business from existing accounts for all areas of the resort, to include rooms, conference, meetings and events, golf and leisure. You will successfully managing our key corporate accounts, maintain business levels and ensure targets are achieved in all areas of the business. You will primarily be responsible for telesales, face to face selling and site visits and you will be required to develop new business and increase sales.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in direct sales and event management within a similar property. You will possess excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills. Some weekends and evenings may be required.
- To identify and secure sufficient accounts to generate the level of business required to achieve the sales targets whilst ensuring these accounts are appropriate to the hotel market.
- A proactive approach in developing and converting business for the hotel, engage contacts by phone and email and in person
- Ensure agreed weekly target of tele-calls and sales calls are met consistently
- To compile weekly and monthly activity reports
- Identify key competitors and carry out regular competitor analysis
- Promoting Carton House at every sales opportunity and PR opportunity
- Maintain and update databases and contact information on a regular basis.
- Ensure all client profile history is accurate and updated
- Be familiar with the business activities of the resort on an on-going basis.
- To be fully aware of events in the local area and Dublin City, that may have an impact on our business.
- A professional personal image is presented to the customer with a positive interaction
- Attend consumer and trade promotions as required
- Ability to work on own initiative and to be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
Skills and qualities:
- Professional sales/hospitality related qualification or degree with sound experience within an international 4/5 star hotel sales department
- A positive, motivated, enthusiastic person with natural selling skills
- Excellent English is essential with strong communications skills, both written & verbal
- A comprehensive knowledge of the hospitality sector, current trends and an understanding of competitors
- A proactive work ethic and confident in nature; shows initiative
- Own car and full drivers license
To apply: please email a current curriculum vitae with cover letter to: