Reporting to: C&B Events Manager
To assist the Conference and Banqueting Events Manager in the smooth operation of the Conference and banqueting office.
- The position is office based.
- Applicants must have at least 2 years experience in an event coordination role.
- Opera experience is an advantage.
- To reflect and enhance the hotels mission and objectives in all activities.
- To ensure conference and banqueting bookings are taken correctly and entered onto Opera, sales and catering system.
- To issue updated function sheets on a daily basis.
- To issue the weekly function sheets on a weekly basis by the specified time.
- To liase with department managers for bookings of venues for internal training and meetings.
- To ensure that all provisional bookings are confirmed within the allocated period.
- To order the audio visual equipment for the conference and banqueting department as required.
- To ensure that the conference and banqueting floral requirement are ordered as required.
- To ensure that the sales of food and beverage and accommodation are maximised at all times.
- To manage and motivate the Conference and Banqueting administration team members to achieve their full potential.
- To ensure that the correct standards of telephone handling skill are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that all conference and banqueting enquiries are dealt with in a professional manner and the correct booking procedure carried out at all times.
- To plan and co-ordinate the Christmas party evenings in conjunction with the Conference and Banqueting Operations Manager.
- To communicate with other relevant departments with regard to updated information or special requests with regard to an event.
- To liase and communicate with the chef on a daily basis regarding changes and special requests for any event.
- To ensure that all administration tasks such as: Printed menu cards, table plans and place cards etc are completed within the time required.
- To check and authorise all conference and banqueting invoices, providing the necessary back-up information for the accounts department.
- To ensure that the game plan manual for the conference and banqueting office is updated according to changes in the department.
- To assist the events manager in co-ordinating all price increases of the conference and banqueting department on an annual basis.
- To co-ordinate the bookings for all organised shows and events.
- To deputise the Conference and Banqueting Events Manager in their absence, attending management meetings etc.
- To meet potential and existing clients and show them the hotel facilities.
- To compile and maintain the client database for the purpose of sales mailshots.
- To ensure that all client business service requests are met.
- To ensure that all payment is received in accordance with the policy of the hotel and are contracted as per hotel guidelines.
- To be involved in the financial forecasting of the C&B department with the Banqueting Events Manager.
- To ensure the effective yield management of the sales and catering system.
- To implement realistic and timed targets.
- To develop new packages if and when required.
- To show initiative and leadership at all times.
- To delegate work when required.
- To give clients added value where possible.
- To ensure that all fire, health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- To undertake any other reasonable task requested by management.
These duties are not exhaustive and may be added to at any time in the future.
The successful candidate will find Clontarf Castle Hotel a very rewarding place to work, with scope for progression for the right people.
Company benefits include:
Discount room rates in various hotels
Meals provided on duty
Free car parking
Discounts in several local retail outlets
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact Nicola Lawless, Group Human Resources Manager, Tifco Ltd.