pHReedom HR are recruiting for an experienced Sommelier for this stunningly individual 5 star, award winning property which combines all the charm of and character intrinsic in a heritage experience with all the modern comforts of contemporary luxury and exquisite dining options.
As part of the ongoing development of the Fine Dining service their 3 Rosette standard restaurant is now seeking to appoint a Sommelier who will form part of the departmental management team and play a critical part in the driving service standards forwards to support the attainment of Michelin Star recognition.
The Sommelier will be able to advise guests according to their personal needs while considering the clientele and the food served. The Sommelier’s responsibilities will incorporate the selection of wines, creation of drink lists and management of stock.
The sommelier has to build and maintain a wine list fitting the establishment he or she works for, being mindful of price, quality, presentation, and the properties food and beverage strategy They will be responsible for the training on wine and other beverages along with all licensing training in accordance with existing legislation.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Will have prior experience in a Michelin environment
- Be able to manage a 400 bin wine cellar
- Have established cocktail bar experience
- Have previous Restaurant management experience (or assistant management) and able to effectively manage a team of up to 30
- You should be knowledgeable as an educator and demonstrate skill in influencing quality wine selections as part of a selling service.
- As Sommelier you must have an extensive knowledge of wine, as effective communication is at the heart of the establishment’s operation the candidate must be able to communicate with the team members, management, suppliers and the customers.
- The Sommelier needs to be quick to react to customer’s feedback and challenging service situations, be approachable to share their knowledge with the staff and guests in a confident and professional manner.
- The Sommelier must be able to recommend wines to patrons and improve profits in order to meet financial targets with a proven track record of maintaining set GP’s, be courteous and focused on providing a consistently high standard of customer service, must be standards driven and detail-orientated with the ability to organise and plan ahead.
Further information and a link to apply for this position are >> here.