Campus Life Services (Plassey Campus Centre) is a professional University company which manages facilities and services and contributes to University campus life and the cultural life of the region. These include accommodation, catering retail, the University Concert Hall and the University Sports Arena. A key activity for the company is to market the campus for conferences and events during the summer season when the facilities are available. Typical events include academic and charity conferences, sports tournaments, summer schools and events such as the Special Olympics National Games Event which was hosted for the second time in 2014 and more recently the World Medical Games held in 2015.
The Reservations Assistant is required to support the overall management of the conference & sports office on a daily basis. The role involves supporting the Event Managers and ensuring that we provide a quality service to all of our customers during the planning and operation of our summer events. The primary focus of this role is to coordinate room reservations for a variety of events taking place across the University of Limerick campus.
- Manage the ad hoc/casual accommodation bookings via the website and our tailored property management system known as KX.
- Process ad hoc accommodation bookings via telephone and email.
- Process small ad hoc event bookings.
- Assist Event Managers with events during the summer.
- Process payment for ad hoc accommodation bookings.
- Co-ordinate ‘cash up and end of day’ procedures for the department
Key requirements for the position
- Excellent organisation skills
- An excellent understanding of administration, preferably in a hotel/event management company or similar environment
- Ability to establish strong relationships at all levels
Health and Safety
The Assistant should be familiar with the health and safety policy of the company. He/she will be responsible, with the department, to ensure that checks are carried out on equipment in line with policy and procedure.
The Assistant is responsible for:
- Maintaining records on all customers
- Using the summer reservation system
At Campus Life Services, we aim to have a strong customer service ethos in relation to students and summer guests alike. The Assistant and staff play a large part in the delivery of customer service. Therefore the Assistant is expected to develop a strong ‘customer focused’ orientation in the day to day activities of the conference department.
Campus Life Services is managed by a small close-knit team who aim to have an open proactive approach to the operation of the Department. The Reservations Assistant is expected to contribute to policy and procedure reviews and is encouraged to suggest improvement and innovation.
This contract is for 6 months from start date 2017. For further information or to apply for this role, please contact Terri Culligan, Reservations Co-Ordinator.