Sandymount Hotel is next to the AVIVA STADIUM at Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4, one of the city’s most exclusive areas. At the hotel we have 168 bedrooms, 8 conference suites and a newly renovated hotel after a €6m investment, which will see the Sandymount Hotel become a 4 star hotel in 2017.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated Senior Sales Manager wanting to take the next step in their career. The purpose of the role is to maximise sales potential and achieve the Hotel’s sales budget through identifying business opportunities, developing and closing sales leads, building the existing client base, and working closely with the Digital Marketing Executive in marketing the Hotel.
Key to the role is your ability to develop a sales plan, source new business and to build on new and current relationships.
Other key responsibilities for the position are to:
- Achieve and exceed the overall budgeted revenue for the hotel, through strategic planning and tactical activities.
- Develop and execute a sales strategy for the Hotel which identifies opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by developing and maintaining a network of business leads and opportunities.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key corporate clients through ongoing account management
- Perform day to day sales activity including face to face meetings, contracting & rate negotiation, site inspections and attendance at trade events
- Compile weekly and monthly reports for communication to management.
- Attend Revenue and Sales meetings, prepare relevant revenue reports and take action as agreed.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Executive to develop promotions that will increase occupancy rates and our general food and beverage business using knowledge of the market and competitors
- Maintaining working relationships and communicates with all departments in the Hotel.
We are looking for someone with a strong, proven sales background, excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to growing the revenue of the hotel.
We offer free parking and meals plus a bonus incentive plan.
Please send your cv and a covering letter outlining your experience for and interest in this position to: