Established in 1999, CCIS specialises in organising and coordinating conferences and product launches for companies operating in the pharmaceutical and medical environment.
The company organise conferences anywhere from 10 – 800 delegates and coordinate conferences in any location worldwide. To achieve this, they provide a range of services from the initial planning to implementation of the conference.
Through its web based Conference Diary, CCIS provides its clients with a customised system to meet their individual needs.
Following a period of significant growth and team expansion, CCIS is now recruiting for the position of General Manager, who will report directly to the Managing Director and will be a critical part of the CCIS Senior Leadership Team.
The position which will be predominantly office based at CCIS’ offices in the Shannon Free Zone however due to the nature of the CCIS business services, the role will require on site project work based in Ireland and will also entail International travel.
Reporting directly to CCIS Managing Director with responsibility for the following:
- Delivery of all aspects of commercial activities to ensure the delivery of client projects within company profitability targets
- Leadership and management of the CCIS Project Leaders and Administration Team
- Business development within existing customer base and expansion of client base
- Management of all CCIS support systems including “Conference Diary Services”
- Financial management & reporting
- Compliance and audit management to ensure all relevant industry and client compliance codes are being delivered
- Effectively drive business objectives and manage change
- Collect and maintain an active working knowledge of the key business metrics
- Deliver and drive the company’s strategy
- Manage and enhance commercial models and pricing to ensure competitive advantage
- Develop a full understanding of the competitor position for each opportunity and client
- Maximising revenue contribution of existing customers
- Development of new revenue and business opportunities
- Continue to expand CCIS Profile within customer sectors of pharmaceutical & healthcare
- Articulate and demonstrate the CCIS service at a senior level within current and prospective clients
- Contract negotiation strategy that ensures a fair and equitable deal for company and client
- Management of team resources to ensure effective delivery of all client projects
- Establishing schedules to communicate the progress of work or projects with all appropriate parties
- Meeting with team and clients to review status of projects and maintaining appropriate records of meetings and discussions.
- Training and development structures for Project Leaders and Administrators
- Serve as liaison between various functions in the business
- Human Resource management, in line with company policies and procedures
- Working closely with Financial Controller to ensure delivery of company revenue targets in line with cost budgets
- Ensure maximum contribution from all commercial activity
- Enhance supplier base to ensure greater contribution to CCIS revenue
The successful applicant should have the following qualifications and experience:
Degree level with a business and marketing focus, augmented by relevant experience, additional learning and training
- Confident and approachable style with track record as a target driven self-starter and achiever
- Exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills with an ability to facilitate dialog and collaborate effectively in cross-functional teams
- Ability to develop compelling, innovative and realistic commercial solutions and adjust the operating model to reflect the economic environment
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills to create shared visions and accomplish team goal
- Over ten year’s operations/area management level industry experience with last 3-5 years in business development including bid/proposal management for an assorted client base
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to articulate a product vision
- Very strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong Sales & Marketing, PR, Accountancy, IT and Customer Service skills
- Project management skills and proficiency managing a multitude of tasks
- High of level of proficiency in using Microsoft Office
- Holder of valid passport to accommodate European & USA travel
- Holder full clean driving license
A competitive package is on offer for the successful candidate
CCIS is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from across the community. All employment is decided based on qualifications, experience, skills and personal qualities.
This process is being managed by Hackett Business Support Services and all enquiries and applications should be made to Tom Hackett – email@example.com