Main Purpose of Job
Tourism Consumer Insights is a full-service, third-party independent tourism market research team of STR. The team also operates the Forecaster (hotel forward performance benchmarking product).
The Forecaster Data Executive will assist the Forecaster Manager and works closely with others in the Tourism Consumer Insights team along with the Integrations, Account Management, Business Development teams of STR to enable growth in participation and revenue in the Forecaster product – tool collecting and reporting on hotel future bookings.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Forecaster data collection and coordination of Forecaster reports.
- Managing supplier relationships.
- Planning and delivering client and internal meetings to educate on and to promote the Forecaster product.
- Analysing and interpreting Forecaster data.
- Collaborating with other STR colleagues in offices globally and inputting into Tourism Consumer Insights or other departmental or company-wide initiatives and projects.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1.1 Coordinate Forecaster projects/clients
- Collect, enter and chase outstanding data from hotel clients and check for data accuracy.
- Develop an understanding of different data provision options and liaise with clients and other STR teams to provide solutions.
- Coordinate delivery of reports to hotels and industry partners.
- Capture feedback on Forecaster data and reports from participants and non-participants to assist in the development of the product.
- Monitor and oversee administrative aspects of Forecaster, including the use of CRM and other bespoke databases.
- Build and develop relationships with new and existing hotel clients including the upselling of other STR products and services.
- Discuss and present industry data to the hotel and non-hotel clients to build relationships and grow revenue for Forecaster product.
- Ad hoc tasks to include running bespoke reports and analysis and interpreting Forecaster data
1.2 Assisting in the strategic development and growth of Forecaster product
- Working closely with Forecaster Manager to feed into the successful development of Forecaster in key markets, to include planning and implementing strategies to recruit and retain hotel participants as well as industry partners.
- Gain strong knowledge of STR products and services and those offered by competitors to assist in determining product and client needs.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for growth and evolution of product within STR’s suite of products and services.
- Input into sales, marketing and product development plans, strategies and activities.
1.3 Liaise with other STR teams
- Liaise and work closely with multiple internal teams (Integrations, Account Management, Business Development, Marketing and Analysis) to grow awareness of Forecaster, drive forward initiatives and assist in the collection of data and to develop and grow client relationships.
- Assist Business Development and Account Management teams to identify and onboard new Forecaster participants.
- Oversee the execution of Forecaster and hotel data related projects to ensure smooth set up, implementation and delivery of services and high client satisfaction.
- Educate internal teams on the Forecaster product and the status of IT development work.
- Input into projects and initiatives working with colleagues in other offices to develop new opportunities.
1.4 IT supplier relationship management
- Oversee quality and timelines of key deliverables by IT suppliers on Forecaster product.
- Communicate feedback on IT development work to develop final deliverables.
- Plan and gather feedback on IT development requirements and communicate the requirements to IT suppliers
- Participate and contribute in regular communication with IT suppliers and internal IT teams.
1.5 Commit to being an active member of the team and to drive professional development
- Keep up to date with market developments in the industry.
- Attend training and actively seek to continually enhance understanding of STR’s products and value proposition.
- Attend marketing events, team meetings, kick-off meetings and functions, as required.
- Adhere to all STR processes and policies and maintain customer confidentiality.
- Ensure STR brand and corporate values are evident to the customer at all times.
- Understand and adhere to the STR Mission, Vision and Values.
- Knowledge and understanding of tourism and hospitality industries. Interested in staying appraised of changing trends and industry movements.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office applications, proven numeracy and literacy skills.
- Experienced understanding of databases and data analysis tools. Knowledge and understanding of CRMs and hotel systems, including PMS and RMS systems.
- Consistently focused on delivering an excellent customer service experience.
- Collaborative and good communication skills. Ability to listen carefully and relay instructions accurately.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage several tasks simultaneously and respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Understand the need to adapt the approach to various colleagues and clients, with strong situational and cultural awareness. Work across departments where required.
- Work effectively and efficiently, paying careful attention to detail, data confidentiality and accuracy. Able to prioritise tasks. Be consistent in application and effort.
Specific Job Competencies
- Creative, innovative and analytical. Strong confidence in using and manipulating quantitative, performance data.
- Capable of identifying creative solutions to assist in project delivery, generate new business or improve efficiencies.
Attention to Detail
- An eye for detail in terms of data checking is essential. The candidate must be confident in working with data and taking responsibility for the accuracy of the data they are dealing with.
- Capability to organise, assign and execute tasks within tight timescales.
- Confident speaker with excellent communication skills to deliver pitches, presentations, communicate with clients or internally. Excellent written skills able to express key points succinctly and clearly.
- Office based
- This role will be based at our Edinburgh office.
- Some local and regional travel may be required.
To apply for this position, please visit >> this page.