Job Description: General Manager
We are always looking for enthusiastic employees to provide an excellent guest experience. The successful candidate will be able to ensure a constant standard of excellence. Reporting to the Operations Manager and Managing Director for the on-going day to day operations of the unit.
- Accurately report all revenues & costs.
- Execute accurate and timely declarations of cash on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the safe is maintained at balance and that published safe and cash handling procedures are adhered to.
- Work with the MD and GGM to ensure that the business unit meet or exceeds budgeted revenues & costs.
- Manage the beverage stock and ensure that the beverage stock performs to targeted GP percentage and stock holding.
- Be responsible for ordering, receiving and transfer of all beverage stock.
- Schedule staffing according to business levels and prescribed budget.
- Report employee hours accurately and according to the weekly reporting schedule.
- Ensure that employees are working to scheduled hours and monitor daily.
- Ensure that the highest standard of beverage is served at all times and that company specification is followed on all beverage
- recipes & presentation.
- Work with the foodservice partner to ensure the highest standard of food is served at all times and that company specification
- is followed on all recipes & presentation.
- Ensure that the highest level of service is offered in order to meet and exceed every guests expectations and that agreed scores
- for KPI’s are met on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that sound, light and temperature levels are relevant to the business levels and day part trading period.
- Knowledge of & Adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures
- Follow established procedures relevant to the business units.
- Follow established procedure for staff discipline.
- Ensure that all staff adhere to all policies and procedures
- Act as a role model for staff members.
- Deputise for the MD in his/her absence whenever needed.
Cleanliness & Maintenance
- Ensure that standards of hygiene and repair of the bar and common areas meet the expectations of both our guests and the
- relevant local authorities.
- Report any major maintenance or safety issues to the Ops Mgr immediately.
- Respond immediately to maintenance and cleaning issues throughout each shift.
- Ensure that the personal hygiene of each staff member meets the company policy.
Performance of Staff
- Determination of the workforce, recruitment and hiring of new staff, supervision of sufficient induction and initial training.
- Ensure that all Staff reach their full potential through on-going evaluation, training and development.
- Actively coach staff members throughout each shift and use one on ones and file notes to record performance and performance issues.
- Conduct daily staff briefings prior to each shift.
- Conduct daily staff de-briefings after each shift.
- Conduct bi-annual appraisals of department members.
- Maintain all HR documentation relevant to department staff members.
- Maintain Effective Communication Standards
- Report any changes or addition in procedure to Staff.
- Meet with staff members on a regular basis, copying minutes of the meetings to the Ops Mgr and MD.
- Properly represent the business in all dealings with the public, our guests, staff and management colleagues.
- Inform the Ops Mgr and MD of any situation that may adversely affect the on-going day to day running or long term operation of the business.
- Maintain the business units compliance with all city, county and state legal requirements including but not limited to
- employment, licensing & Public health.
- Proven work experience as a Manager
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language will be considered a plus
For further information, please contact Laura Horan, General Manager House Limerick.