One of Ireland’s leading Hotel and Leisure Groups are looking for a best in class Assistant General Manager for one of their leading Hotels in Galway.
In this role you will be a Key Senior Manager for one of Ireland’s largest and most successful Hotels
Job Overview and Key Duties & Responsibilities
You will be joining a team of leading hotel professionals operating at the very top of their game, at one of Ireland’s largest and most successful Hotels. Your principle responsibilities will be to assist the General manager with all major operational aspects of running a truly world class institution. Operational competency, both tactical & strategic and the proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire the hotel’s employees to whole heartedly embrace a customer first mind-frame is paramount.
Key Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Operational management with emphasis on sound financial management
- Staff hiring, training, mentoring and leading.
- Personal contribution of ideas and innovations for the constant improvement of the Hotels offerings and guest experience
- Personal and professional self-improvement by active participation in the exceptional level of formal and informal training offered with the company.
- Promote the hotel’s ethos and offering internally, to guests and to the broader market and community.
Key Requirements: Skills, Experience and Acumen
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar role-as a General Manager for a small to mid-sized hotel or an experienced and proven Assistant Manager at leading large hotel/hotel group.
- High level ability in all aspects of Operational Management: financial, material/goods, service. Extensive P&L oversight responsibility.
- A natural and innate customer service/customer focus bent; you just must be a people person.
- Exhibiting always a high level of attention to detail and active and proactive problem-solving ability.
- The ambition to progress your career to General Manager.
- The capability to make contributions to the creative and innovative side of the business. You will be part of the group’s senior management team and accordingly, you are expected to contribute fully and actively to new initiatives and new innovations for the organization.
For further information, please contact Stephen Kelly, Recruitment Consultant, Collins McNicholas.