The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for the effective operational management of the food and beverage areas of the hotel, working closing with the department managers to achieve and exceed their service standards, revenue and guest satisfaction targets.
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in Food and Beverage Management in a similar property
- Experience in managing refurbishments, budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results
- In-depth knowledge of professional F&B service within the hospitality industry / resort sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of performance and exceed targets
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- High energy and enthusiasm
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Management Team to actively manage key property issues (including capital projects; customer service; refurbishment)
- Assist the development of meaningful, achievable hotel budgets and other short and long term hotel strategic goals for the F&B Department
- Provide effective leadership to the F&B management team and team members to ensure targets are met and exceeded
- Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all departments in order to meet and exceed guest expectations
- Comply with and exceed hotel and company service standards
- Ensure that costs are controlled throughout the F&B departments and results are analysed regularly to highlight problem areas and take appropriate action, particularly in the control of payroll and related costs.
- Manage and develop the Heads of Department to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel.
- Seek and respond to Guest feedback, working closely with the Deputy General Manager, in order to achieve positive outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Hold regular briefings and communication meetings with direct report managers.
- Carton House has been recognized for providing sophisticated and gracious hospitality. The awards won by Carton House are testimony to our consistent service excellence.
- Best hotel restaurant in County Kildare (Restaurant Association of Ireland)
- Irish golf resort of the year (Irish Golfers Guide)
- Golf resort of the year Leinster (Irish Golfers Guide)
- 5* Hotel website Ireland award (International hotel awards)
- Discounts throughout the resort and employees can avail of team rates and access to friends and family rates throughout the Pyramid Hotel Group.
- Successful awards and recognition scheme where teams and individuals are rewarded for great performance.
- Bonus Incentive Scheme
- Flexible working
- Bike-to-Work scheme
- EAP programmes
- Free use of leisure centre (off peak)
- Meals on duty
- Uniform supplied
- Free parking
For further information or to apply for this role, please contact Kathy Rigney, Director of Human Resources.