EPIC tells the moving and unforgettable stories of those who left the island of Ireland, and how they influenced and shaped the world. EPIC embraces the past and the future with 1,500 years of Irish history and culture housed in its atmospheric vaults. The world’s only fully digital museum, experience this breath-taking story in state-of-the-art interactive galleries, complete with touch screens, motion sensor quizzes and a feast of powerful audio and video that bring Irish history to life.
Centrally located in the beautifully restored vaults of the historic CHQ building in Dublin’s Docklands, EPIC provides an impressive and memorable backdrop for events.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Act as a proactive sales specialist for the MICE segment for EPIC.
- Direct selling to local market – PCO’s, Travel Trade DMC’s, Local Corporates – weekly plan for sales calls, site inspections, follow up calls to build relationships with buyers.
- Represent the company at all relevant sales and trade events for this segment.
- Work with the Director of Sales and Marketing & Head of Sales to implement the sales and marketing plan for this segment working to clear targets and plans to achieve them.
- Working closely with CHQ team to highlight and cross market EPIC in all relevant activities for events.
- Plan out marketing activities with the digital team including development of e-zines and communications materials.
- Events forecasting and budgeting for events sales
- Work closely with Operations and CHQ team in generating and converting leads.
- Planning events and activities with the Head of Sales and Operations to showcase EPIC to the target market.
- Work closely with operations team to ensure all bookings are properly administered and handing over all files once booking converted.
- Liaise with relevant business tourism bodies to ensure that EPIC is well represented in the Dublin MICE space.
- Be the lead on Site Visits for potential business and to present EPIC in the very best light to prospective clients.
- Ensure the highest standards of sales and business processes are documented and maintained.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess previous events experience at sales level with three years sales experience.
- Have a proactive sales approach with good commercial acumen and ability to close the sale.
- Possess excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work well under pressure and complete work to strict deadlines. Be able to respond quickly and positively to changing requirements as is necessary in the Events Industry.
- Display leadership, strong influencing skills and the ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Work well across a matrix organization.
- PC skills; to include, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact Aileesh Carew, Director of Sales & Marketing.