The Connacht Hotel currently invites applications for the position of a Duty Manager. The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality, enjoy dealing with people and have a well-rounded hotel operational background.
It is an exciting time to join the team with The Connacht Hospitality Group, with our growing team and diverse portfolio of business’s we are excited about the future.
The Duty Manager will oversee the day to day operation of The Connacht Hotel. They will ensure that a consistently high standard and quality of service exists throughout the hotel. This role will report to the Deputy General Manager of the hotel and have a key role in both Food and Beverage and Rooms/Front Office departments.
**The successful candidate will receive**
- A competitive salary
- Development Training opportunities in Connacht Hospitality Group
- Annual Gym Membership
- Meals provided while on duty
- Active Sports & Social Club
- Free car parking
- To oversee the day-to-day operations of the Hotel.
- Ensure a quality service and standards are met consistently.
- Anticipate guest needs and proactively manage their expectations.
- Ensure prompt resolution of customer issues.
- To direct the team in all operational departments ensuring efficiency and quality
- Act as a strong presence on the floor with a hands on approach at all service times
- To maintain a control over the cash on the premises (Floats, cash registers, safe)
- Driving sales initiatives for the business – in conjunction with the hotels in-house sales team.
- Well-rounded hotel operations experience is required (particularly Food & Beverage and Front Office/ Reception)
- Previous experience as a Duty Manager in a Hotel is desirable
- Experience in Health & Safety and Fire evacuation procedures
- Available to work a variety of shifts included late night, early morning and weekend shifts
Skills & Experience:
- Hotel & Catering Qualification / Management Qualification
- Significant Restaurant and Bar Service Experience
- Front Office experience & knowledge of front office software is an advantage
For further information or to apply for this role, please contact Kate Daly, HR Officer.