The Harlequin Hotel, Castlebar, Co Mayo is currently recruiting an experienced Duty Manager with strong focus on Front of House.
The hotel has recently been acquired by Comer Group Ireland Hotels and is currently undergoing a significant refurbishment programme. The successful candidate will be instrumental in shaping the future of this busy 4*, 90 bedroom, town centre property. The Duty Manager will be an integral part of the management team at this exciting time.
The Duty Manager will report directly to the General Manager, and must have strong Front Office, Rooms and Food & Beverage experience, with at least two years’ experience in a managerial role.
- As Duty Manager, you will be:
- Responsible for assisting with the day to day operations in all areas of the Hotel.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service and the efficient & effective operation of all areas of the hotel.
- Ensure the customer service standards and department SOP’s are been driven and that standards are constantly being maintained and surpassed.
- Be proficient in the reception system.
- Uphold and enforce company policies and procedures and implement new processes where required
- Set departmental goals and create plans of action for achieving them
- Involved in staff training together with maintaining a highly motivated team
- Supervision of front office and food and beverage team members.
- Assist in ensuring all departments are running efficiently and effectively.
- Carrying out Duty Management duties & responsibilities
- Available for weekend and late night shifts which are an integral part of the job.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a management position
- Previous hotel industry experience a must
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be standards driven with great attention to detail
- Ability to consistently maintain positive client relationships
- Exceptional time-management and task-delegation skills
- Computer literate and proficient
- Outstanding communicator both verbally and written
- Dynamic personality and strong leadership skills
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
Please forward your application to Loretto Masterson, General Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org together with your:
- Cover letter