Do you see yourself as a Food and Beverage Manager?
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Crowne Plaza London Kensington have a unique and exciting opportunity for you to join our Management team as Food and Beverage Manager.
Crowne Plaza London-Kensington hotel is an elegant 162 bed- roomed, 4* Deluxe hotel which has recently undergone a fantastic renovation. Crowne Plaza London- Kensington facilities include a boutique style lobby, a private Club Lounge, an amazing restaurant, a lively bar, five conference rooms and a fitness centre.
At Crowne Plaza, we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too. We work to provide ‘True Hospitality’
Join us and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
Your day to day
- Contributes to and participates in the development and preparation of the hotel’s budget and strategic plans. Prepares the food & beverage department budget.
- Ensures the highest levels of F&B commitment to recruitment and selection, employee development, performance appraisals, coaching, counselling and manpower planning in order to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity and highest levels of employee satisfaction
- Ensures compliance with all corporate and hotel policies and procedures, legislation and current regulations pertaining to food & beverage operations.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports for management’s use in accordance with corporate and hotel requirements.
- Ensures the highest quality of preparation, presentation and food service
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations in association with human resources department
- Develops formal training plans for all F&B team members.
- Delivers appropriate pricing and menu preparation, beverage & wine lists, considering local requirements, market needs, completion, trends, and merchandising and promotions.
- With purchasing manager determines minimum and maximum food and beverage par stocks. Approve all wine purchases and other food & beverage items in accordance with IHG
- Conducts regular food and beverage meetings to ensure timely communication of all issues and to promote and develop communication both within the food & beverage departments and across the hotel.
- Remains informed and aware of up to date trends, systems and practices and equipment within the hotel and restaurant field, through trade shows, related literature and regular visits.
- Ensures the analysis of annual food & beverage Heartbeat information and the subsequent production of food & beverage pulse action plans to improve overall hotel Heartbeat objectives.
- Monitors food & beverage guest results and drives customer focused process improvement to deliver goals.
- As part of the hotel executive committee will carry out weekend executive duty.
- Performs related duties and projects as assigned.
What we need from you
Have Previous experience and track record in working and progressing within Hospitality and Hotels is a must for this role.
- 3 -4 years’ experience in Hotel Restaurant or Banqueting operations as Manager with in a 4 or 5 Star Establishment.
- Proven experience in driving excellence, cost management and teamwork across F&B departments
- Driven, passionate, responsible with attention to detail, goal oriented, team player with good project management skills
- Exceptional, creative approach to customer service
- Personal Licence Holder
- Proven experience in training a teams, implementing and enhancing standards
- Driven, passionate, responsible with attention to detail, goal oriented, team player
- Exceptional customer service
- Good cigar knowledge would be a great advantage
- Ready to take on a challenge and unlock potential in product and team
- Excellent spoken and written command of the English language, other languages are beneficial
- All applicants must be able to work varying shifts including night, weekends and bank holidays.
What we offer
Benefits of working for us
- £38,000 Per Annum Plus Service Charge.
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days
- Fitness Club Membership
- Excellent employee recognition programmes
- Discounted international room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Refer a friend bonus
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Meals whilst on duty
- Full Uniform Provided
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role, then please >> ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.