Overview of position
The Four Seasons Hotel Carlingford has an amazing opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic General Manager to join our team. The General Manager will work alongside the Owner in ensuring the smooth operation of the hotel which has 58 bedrooms, a bar, restaurant, function rooms, spa and leisure centre.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ previous experience in a similar role in a 4* (minimum) property. They must have a thorough understanding of financial reports and revenue management.
With recent refurbishment projects completed, the successful candidate will play a key role in achieving the hotel’s growth and development strategy to ensure that the property continues to thrive.
The General Manager will be responsible for the overall management and the day to day running of the hotel. The candidate will also be responsible for the recruitment, selection and hiring of all staff and any training and development required.
- Planning and organising and directing all hotel services, including front of house, food and beverage operations, housekeeping, spa and the leisure centre
- Ensuring events, conferences and weddings run smoothly
- Ensuring guests receive the highest level of customer service
- Analysing financial reports to ensure that sales and overheads are delivering the maximum profitability of the business
- Devising and monitoring budgets and financial plans
- Setting and achieving sales and profit targets
- Devising marketing and revenue management strategies
- Recruiting, training and monitoring staff to ensure that a high level of customer service is consistently achieved
- Providing effective leadership to hotel team members
- Planning staff work schedules efficiently and cost effectively
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Presenting property performance reports at weekly H.O.D. meetings
- Must have a proven track record at management level within a 4* environment
- Strong numeracy and logistical planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Must have the energy, flexibility and drive to lead the hotel in achieving it’s targets
- Excellent knowledge of Opera, Hotsoft or other Property Management software
- Excellent knowledge of Micros, Volante or other Point of Sales software
- High level of initiative to assess business needs and create new opportunities
- Knowledge of core legislation and regulations relative to the hospitality industry, such as licensing legislation, health and safety regulations and employment law
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to bring people together to achieve organisational goals
- Hands on experience in hotel operations, specifically Food and Beverage, Conference and Events, and Rooms Management.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of customer service
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact Pat McElarney .