Head of Finance
Looking for an experienced and operational Head of Finance to join our Finance Department.
Leading the team and taking responsibility for the financial control and transaction processing within the Hotel, heading up the day to day activities. Working closely with key stakeholders of the senior management team to deliver business goals. Ensuring accuracy and timely delivery of weekly, monthly and annual reporting to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
What are we looking for?
- Someone who can confidently drive and deliver the monthly P&L and related reporting,
- Someone who can lead P&L and Balance Sheet reviews and ensure actions are agreed and followed up on
- Someone who will pro-actively ensure controls are in place to safeguard companies’ assets and can manage the register
- Someone who is used to working in a busy environment, is flexible and adaptable
- Someone who can deputise for Finance Director in their absence
What should you bring?
- Experience in a senior finance role, in a busy high-end hospitality environment
- Experience of managing and developing a strong team capable of business partnering and adding value across the business
- In depth understanding of Hotel and F&B accounting processes and financial controls, USALI and UK GAAP
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Implementation of new processes and procedures
- Exceptional communication skills, both orally and written
- Ability to simplify complex issues and large dataset analysis into clear and concise presentations
- Able to work alone and with a team with good delegation skills and a can-do attitude
- Team player with self-motivational skills
- Strong public speaking and presentational skills
- Must have the ability to lead, multi-task, and make sound decisions in fast-paced environment to meet short led deadlines
- Strong IT skills across many hospitality platforms (Opera, Micros, Fourth, Adaco)
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
For further details or to apply for this position, please contact Surinder Sangha, People & Development Director, The Ned