The Westin Dublin (part of the MHL Hotel Collection) is currently recruiting for an Assistant Director of Sales and Marketing.
We are looking for an inspiring, innovative, and passionate proactive senior hotel sales person to join our progressive hotel group. This individual will be career focused and want to learn and progress, in a structured and supported environment, to a Director of Sales role in 2 years’ time.
A full 2-year development plan will be put in place to support this progression – and a copy of this programme is available for review. The individual will be committed to assisting the Director of Sales and Marketing at the Westin Hotel Dublin and their key role will be contributing to the overall sales and marketing strategy and success of the hotel. The ideal candidate will need to be able to work in a fast paced and customer focused environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ proactive Hotel Sales experience in a target driven sales environment
- Hotel proactive sales experience is essential
- Experience of effective people management in a team environment
- Sales focused, target and results driven
- Must be a self-starter and strong closer, with multi-tasking ability
- Excellent levels of personal motivation and organisation
- Experienced in sales at both operational and management levels
- Effective communicator to clients and colleagues, individually and in groups; with the capacity to provide clear written reports.
- A commercial awareness and good understanding of yield management
- Confident, ambitious and pro-active
- Seeks out challenges and is driven by success
- Track record in sales target success and over-achievement essential
- Must have the capacity to respond to a fast-paced environment, with a multi-tasking ability in a cha
Contribute and assist with the management and implementation of the annual sales and marketing strategy for the Westin Hotel Dublin. Assist the Director of Sales and Marketing in targeting, focusing and co-ordinating the Sales & Marketing team to maximise the opportunities that exist in all markets, and achieve budgeted revenue.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist with the developing and implementing of sales strategies for growth by:
- Develop, implement and monitor the annual sales and marketing plan for the hotel.
- Manage own portfolio of accounts in Corporate, Mice, Agent and Leisure segments
- Seek to maximise all revenue opportunities from existing accounts through strategic planning and effective account management.
- Agreeing and monitoring departmental sales action plans.
- Identify and develop new business in Corporate, Mice, Agent and Leisure.
- Participating and supporting hotel Sales teams with customer visits, site inspections and familiarization trips
- Assist in the completion of regular SWOT analysis on competitor hotels identifying market threats, pressures and opportunities, ensuring activities reflect these, and advising senior management of this market information.
- Manage and undertake local, regional and national key account activities including trade shows, networking events, workshops, presentations and sales missions.
- Promote and represent the hotel at international shows and sales missions
- Manage sales and marketing projects as per business requirements.
- Provide feedback to the Director of Sales & Marketing and General Manager on local market conditions.
- Assist in the monitoring of team results and adjust activities to ensure objectives and targets are reached.
- To assist in the design, implementation, and monitoring of sales and marketing plans for all Food and Beverage outlets
- Understand and implement the hotel’s yield management strategies for both Rooms and Meetings
- Cross selling of all sister properties within the Group
- To assist with promoting the hotels brand identity in all markets by:
- Adherance to and promotion of the Westin brand at all times
- Creating and using public relations opportunities to exploit the brand image
- Expressing confidence in the hotel brand
- Marketing Plan – support the MHL Marketing Cluster in the design and implementation of online and offline marketing initiatives and activities to support the hotel revenue objectives and track return on investment.
- Hotel website – assist the DOSM and the MHL Marketing Cluster in managing the website content, marketing, SEO, PPC.