Many alumni will remember the Park Inn from your time as a student in Shannon. The hotel has recently been fully refurbished and was the number one hotel in 2018 for guest satisfaction. This is an opportunity to join this very progressive group as Assistant Operations Manager.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the entire hotel operation including Housekeeping and Food & Beverage Outlet operation, ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction whilst maximising departmental profitability
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To organise all work scheduling with due regard to business fluctuations in conjunction with the Operations Manager
- To minimise waste of man hours through effective rostering, ensuring no unnecessary casuals or overtime
- To produce and ensure adherence to checklists for daily operation
- To maintain control over absenteeism, holidays, lieu days and overtime and to process all relevant documentation
- To recruit and retain a team of motivated staff in line with personnel specifications
- To manage and control equipment assets
- To requisition and subsequently control all stocks
- Secure the company’s stock and property, and ensure all keys are included in the hotel key system
- To participate in all stock inventories at specified times and to be active in controlling all stock in accordance with budget
- Ensure proper stock rotation and par stocks are kept to an adequate level in order to meet business requirements. All stocks to be signed for and secured upon delivery
- Report any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards, so ensuring equipment is functioning and well maintained
- To suggest promotions in F&B areas and assist in their coordination
- Ensure departments are working to hotel budgets with regards to staffing, food, crockery, stationary, linen and other costs. Actively seek to increase the department’s sales by use of promotions etc
- To supervise and coordinate all activities of the Department to departments
- To ensure the set up and mise en place is performed in accordance with pre-determined standards of operation.
- To ensure all cash/credit card payments are correctly checked before acceptance, and that tight control and security of payments is kept.
- To establish and maintain an efficient food & beverage operation with an emphasis on high class, efficient and courteous service which puts guests first.
- To train staff on upselling at all times and incentivise upselling monthly.
- To maintain the bedroom cleanliness to a high standard
- To discipline, motivate and counsel staff.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of the menu and its content.
- To ensure that order taking is carried out according to required standards.
- To ensure that cleaning schedules are established and used correctly.
- To liaise with Operations Manager in respect of VIP set ups and to ensure that VIP orders are handled and delivered according to the hotel standard procedure.
- To periodically spot check orders for the required standard.
- To operate an effective log book with a breakdown of daily figures and remarks about operational problems.
- To ensure standards, refills and billing procedures of minibars are conducted to the required standard.
- React to complaints effectively and positively whilst ensuring necessary action is taken to prevent reoccurrence. All complaints, comments and compliments to be reported to Management.
- To ensure that all staff are smartly dressed and correctly attired in accordance with company standards
- To comply with any reasonable request from Management
For a full and detailed Job Description, please contact Louise O’Hara, General Manager.