Campus Life Services – the Company
Campus Life Services (Plassey Campus Centre) is a University company which manages facilities and services which contribute to campus life and cultural life of the region. These include accommodation, catering, retail, the University Concert Hall and the University Sports Arena. A key activity for the company is to market the campus for conference and events during the summer season when facilities are available.
Typical events include academic and charity conferences, sports tournaments, summer schools and events such as the Special Olympics National Games event which was hosted for the second time in 2014 and more recently the JKA World Karate Championships.
The Conference and Events Assistant is required to provide an administration support to the Conference and Events Department and is key to supporting the growth of summer conference and event activity.
- Follow administration procedures and all financial processes relevant to the Conference and Events Centre.
- Receive visitors and provide/request information in person and by telephone in a courteous and appropriate manner to promote a very positive image of Campus Life Service to others.
- Deal with complaints/issues as per the Customer Complaints and Customer Feedback Process
- Record all feedback as part our Customer Feedback and Complaints Process
Event Management and Reservation Support
- Be familiar with events running and assist with set-up and breakdown during busy Conferences
- Process online channel reservations on to our tailored property management reservation system and other systems as required
- Receive and receipt payments for adhoc reservations
- Process room reservations for classroom facilities in the summer season.
- Provide a delegate support service by responding to phone and email queries on registration, payment, billing, receipts, confirmations and other relevant information
- Print and prepare relevant vouchers, conference material for events
For a full jobs description or to apply for this position, please contact Chloe Keogh, Reservation and Revenue Manager.