The 5* Powerscourt Hotel, Resort and Spa (part of the MHL Hotel Collection and Marriott) is currently recruiting for an experienced Front Office Manager to join their management team.
About the position:
- Manage and administer Front Office functions and supervision of associates on daily basis.
- Primary responsibility is the Front Desk/Reception operation and procedures.
- Directs and works with managers/supervisors and associates to carry out all guest functions ensuring guest and associate satisfaction and maximising the financial performance of the department.
- Uses leadership skills to manage other managers & supervisors accordingly.
Operations: Works with all department managers and associates to meet or exceed guest service expectations. Ensures compliance with Marriott Operating Standards to maintain brand integrity. Responsible for the effective and successful operational shifts within the front office department.
Guest Satisfaction: Displays leadership in guest hospitality and sets daily example of operational excellence. Builds customer loyalty through personal interaction and problem resolution.
Human Resources: Participates in the hiring, development and retention of a diverse workforce to deliver excellent products and services. Sustains a work environment that focuses on fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business success.
Financial Management: Monitors wages and expenses and makes ongoing adjustments as needed to meet or exceed budget expectations.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Ideally the candidate will have at least 2 years hotel Front Office Management/Supervisory experience.
- Extensive knowledge of all hotel departments and their functions and responsibilities
- Effective decision making skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, guests, customers & vendors
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to understand P&L statements, budgets, forecasting and scheduling
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Good presentation, platform, trainer and facilitator skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing) and organizational skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems – to include but not limited to Fidelio Opera, MARSHA and Time Management systems
- Effective influence and negotiating skills
- Effective change and conflict management skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Knowledge of the hotel law and safety standards
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department and hotel
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates & managers must realise this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. A Manager may be required to work additional hours to meet the business needs.
- In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
We are happy to provide the following benefits for this position:
- Uniform and complimentary laundry service
- Excellent employee recognition programmes
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family with Marriott International Hotel Group and MHL Hotel collection
- Guest hotel experience for employees
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer within MHL Hotel Collection and Marriott
- Employee social events
- Free Employee Assistance Helpline for you and your family
About the MHL Hotel Collection:
MHL group is a renowned portfolio of well known, high profile Hotel’s throughout Ireland. Our core business rotates around our exceptional people. We provide a comprehensive on-boarding, upskilling and professional development process.
Guided through this process you will be introduced to management relevant to your new role and to our business. Any recruitment queries for any of our properties can be made to Kenneth Kelly, Group Recruitment Manager.
You will be contacted within 5 working days should your application be brought to the next stage of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job:
Email Orla Thomas, HR Manager email@example.com