Camden Court Hotel is an upscale 4-star hotel located in the heart of Dublin city centre and beside the Harcourt financial hub. The hotel boasts 251 well-appointed guest rooms including 2 deluxe suites. An exceptional base for residential conferences and meetings, with a conference centre that comfortably caters for up to 250 delegates. Dublin Airport is a 30-minute drive away and nearby landmarks include The Iveagh Gardens, Trinity College, St Stephens Green and Grafton Street.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the main objective of the role is to proactively drive new business to the hotel, while maximising sales and maintaining excellent relationships with current clients. This is a unique opportunity to showcase your sales capability and requires the type of individual who is highly focused and passionate with a sales driven mentality.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Implement the yearly corporate sales action plan and assist in the planning of the annual budget.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the hotels key account base, maximising opportunities.
- Account manage the hotels key corporate accounts, key prospects and other active leads to create new business opportunities.
- Develop key account action plans in order to meet and exceed room night and revenue goals.
- Secure new business in-line with the hotels rate growth strategy, across meetings, corporate and groups.
- Plan and execute inside/outside sales calls with corporate travel, meeting managers and other intermediaries.
- Prepare weekly and monthly schedules and set priorities for each account.
- Maintain and build relationships with new and existing clients.
- Effectively manage and coordinate the full RFP schedule and local rate contracting, in-line with budget and commercial strategy.
- Conduct regular market research to understand transient and event strategies of competitors and advise management where relevant.
- Quote and negotiate prices with customers or their representatives and draw up contracts to close the transaction.
- Carry out promotional sales activity i.e. site inspections, familiarisation trips, workshops and key corporate events.
- Ensure that Salesforce, the hotels CRM system is proficiently updated with all account information, including opportunities and activities daily.
- Produce monthly corporate comparison and GDS report.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Educated to college/university level preferable with at least 2- 3 years’ experience in a similar proactive sales role.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Strong commercial and sales acumen
- Ability to build effective relationships & proven track record in sales planning and delivering sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Precision and attention to detail
- Energetic, self-starter with a strong can-do attitude
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team or independently
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Proficiency with computer skills, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Good understanding of the Hospitality Sector in Ireland
- Salesforce CRM experience desired but not essential
To apply, please kindly email your cover note and curriculum vitae to Director of Sales, Denise Corboy – firstname.lastname@example.org