Overview of the Role:
The Sales and Marketing Manager is responsible for the long-term planning and day to day operations of the sales and marketing department of the five star Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa. They prepare together with the General Manager, Front Office Manager, Windward Marketing Director and Financial Controller the marketing, advertising, sales plans/programmes, social media strategy and annual marketing budget. They manage the plans within budget and targets set. They assist in the training and motivation of their department, in particular the sales & marketing executive, reservations and front desk teams.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and monitor the annual Sales and Marketing Plan for the Hotel.
- Manage key accounts accounts in MICE, DMCs, Tour Operators and agents in domestic and global markets.
- Identify and develop new business across all segments of the business.
- Represent the hotel at shows, trade events and sales trips in a professional manner.
- Identify, research and secure appointments with new accounts and agents both nationally and internationally.
- Seek to maximise all revenue opportunities from existing accounts through strategic planning and effective account management.
- Agreeing and monitoring departmental sales action plans.
- Advertise and promote the hotel and its facilities.
- Develop and organize promotional activities, co-ordinate with departments involved, prepare any promotional material for events, prepare press releases, liaise with PR company and ensures events receive promotion in media outlets.
- Co-ordinate and finalise with the hotel’s graphics / advertising suppliers to prepare brochures, branded hotel goods image, vouchers, e-zines and related surveys, any other promotional material needed ensuring it is all in line with the Hotel brand.
- Analyse effectiveness of advertising campaigns and trade promotions and take note of results for future review.
- Improve product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying and capitalising on market opportunities.
- Improve product image and co-ordinate new product development or improvements.
- Develop strong public relations with guests, media and other booking avenues.
- Participating and supporting hotel Sales teams with customer visits, site inspections and familiarization trips.
- Assist in the completion of regular SWOT analysis on competitor hotels identifying market threats, pressures and opportunities, ensuring activities reflect these, and advising senior management of this market information.
- Provide feedback to the General Manager and Windward team on market trends and conditions.
- Understand and implement elements of the hotel’s yield management strategies for both Meeting and Events and Group Rooms, as part of the sales process.
- Work with teams to develop the Hotel’s digital strategy including SEO, PPC, Metasearch, Social Media, Revenue Management and attend regular meeting and training events.
- Cross selling of all sister properties within the Group
- Build on local relationships to ensure that Aghadoe Heights Hotel is recognised and favoured by the Kerry community.
Process and Systems:
- To assist in establishing and managing processes, which monitor, control and regulate activities by:
- Managing the integration of information technology initiatives into the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Using technology to enhance management information.
- Implementing best practices within the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Ensuring all current measurement processes are in place.
- Ensure all Team Members have clear goals and responsibilities.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of all reports and administrative work, including rosters and staff appraisals.
- To carry out or ensure regular on-the-job training is taking place to agreed standards.
For further information or to apply for this role, please contact Paul Earley, Deputy General Manager.