The Merrion, Dublin’s finest luxury hotel is now recruiting for a Director of Human Resources.
The success of The Merrion Hotel depends on the commitment of each and every member of our Team. The hospitality & service we provide to our guests must be the very best at all times
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our five star Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to consolidate your career in one of the Leading Hotels of the World. Working with a professional and welcoming Team, you will be part of creating Merrion Moments for our guests and colleagues with your main duties including:
- Providing strategic direction for the HR function, and for the business.
- Promoting and continually developing new and existing opportunities for all Merrion Team members.
- Overseeing the recruitment & selection process to ensure the highest calibre of candidates are being attracted and retained.
- Reviewing the learning & development functions of the hotel to enable Team members to reach their full potential.
- Supervising the performance management system and providing guidance where needed
- Developing and maintaining engagement initiatives across the hotel.
- Managing discretely and promptly any employee relations issues which may arise.
- Issuing monthly analytical reports to the management team, to direct and assist with decision making.
- Assisting and empowering Line Managers in their roles providing guidance and support when required.
- Overseeing the administration of the HR department to ensure it is completed to the highest of standards.
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will be highly organised and have strong leadership & communication skills. They will be responsible for fostering a safe and fair environment in The Merrion, and will work closely with the hotel’s senior management team to identify and address all employee needs.
- Experience in a Human Resources Management role.
- Third level or relevant qualification in Human Resources or a related field.
- Holder of CIPD accreditation and/or member of relevant professional body is preferable.
- Experience working in a 5 star establishment would be very advantageous.
- Leadership experience is essential.
About The Merrion
The Merrion, a member of the prestigious Leading Hotels of the World, is located opposite Government Buildings in the heart of the city centre. Created from 4 Georgian Townhouses, the 142 bedroom and suites are arranged around two 18th Century style gardens.
If you feel this is the role and Company for you, please apply online >> here with your CV & cover letter detailing what you can bring to us at The Merrion. Very Generous terms and conditions will apply. Salary details on application.