The award winning Ballygarry House embodies the highest of service values & standards, whilst its design & character embody the charm of a country house. The hotel’s warm interior offers plenty of corners to hide away & our beautifully designed rooms & suites promise a restful nights’ sleep to all of our guests. Ballygarry House is a family owned luxury four star country house hotel in North County Kerry at the gateway to the Dingle Peninsula. Currently the number five hotel in Ireland on TripAdvisor.
We are currently looking for an Accommodation Manager to oversee our team in maintaining the high standards of cleanliness in bedrooms and public areas.
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide the guest, at all times, with the highest levels of guest care and personal attention, where possible anticipating the guests needs and initiating actions to exceed expectations where possible.
- To be familiar with each day’s business regarding room occupancy, special requirements and VIP needs, ensuring that all Accommodation Staff are aware of the daily business and requirements.
- Ensure that there are adequate staffing levels to meet the daily business.
- To actively train all staff to the standards laid down in the SOP Manual and monitor their work performance, taking corrective action where necessary.
- To support the team in a hands-on capacity as required in ensuring rooms are cleaned to the defined standard.
- To drive the Standard Operating Procedures, maintaining high standards across all rooms, public spaces and banqueting rooms, ensuring the hotel is always an industry leader.
- The management and ordering of linen, chemical and accommodation services supplies.
- Oversees inventory, purchasing and cost control for all linen, cleaning supplies, guest rooms and rest rooms supplies, laundry supplies, and housekeeping related machinery and equipment.
- Ensure that all supplies are used correctly, minimising waste within the department.
- Schedules and supervises all rotational and special cleaning programmes as required.
- Monitor and ensures standard of work of the highest quality.
- Ensure all maintenance issues are recorded, scheduled and addressed in timely fashion.
- Ensure a high standard of service and attention to detail within department.
- Ensures that employees are fully trained and certified in all statutory training.
- To delegate daily duties to all colleagues and ensure all work areas are covered.
- To supervise and check rooms ensuring high standards are being maintained at all times, in line with Government guidelines and Company Policy.
The ideal candidate:
- Previous management experience in a similar property
- Excellent communication, organisational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Attention to detail in everything you do
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Be flexible, adaptable, approachable and to lead by example
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact Fanchea Toomey, Human Resources.