General Manager : The White House Kinsale
Permanent and Fulltime position
General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the business, staff and guests.
He /She should be an ambassador for the brand and business. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in our service culture, maximize operations and guest satisfaction and have a passion for working with the public. Working closely with the hotel owners, with a proven record of cost control the GM is responsible for managing the hotel management team and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent guest experience.
The ideal candidate is a committed and seasoned, hotel professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Customer Orientated and the ability to manage staff with assertiveness and friendly manner. Available to work when needed, including weekends, bank holidays and nights. Evidence of Interest in, and commitment to the success of the company.
GM Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands on approach to overseeing the operations.
- Provide effective leadership for the business an lead the operational management team and functions of the business to maximize efficiency & achieve the highest volume of revenue.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with staff and devise a clear communication strategy within the business to ensure effective sharing & updating of information throughout the property. Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the business. Lead in all aspects of the business planning.
- Work closely with all staff to ensure the business is in full compliance with licensing regulations, Health and Safety at Work Act, Food Hygiene regulations, fire regulations & other business-related policy, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Responsible for delivery of budgeted targets – payroll costs, F&B & accommodation costs and revenues to ensure margins and cost reduction targets are achieved and have ability to react with impactful strategies to achieve the same.
- Manage on-going profitability of the business and respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Work with accounts to prepare a monthly financial report for the owners and directors.
- Extensive experience in hiring key staff & HR experience in conflict management
- Manage and develop the hotel team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of guest complaints. Handling complaints and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Act as Ambassador for the hotel at Tourist Promotion Bodies in the town, undertake a sit on their committees if required (Kinsale Good Food Circle, Kinsale Chamber of Tourism). Be familiar with local tourist information and always ready to promote the town.
- A qualification in hotel management or a related field with experience in operational hotel management with a clear track record.
- Strategic thinking
- Hotel Management at Deputy GM level at least
- People orientated
- Financial software / Computer programs Word, Excel, Outlook, Payroll / Vat reconciliation.