The Wine Curator is, alongside the Bar Manager, the face of the newly opening destination wine bar at The Westin London City. Being both the hotel’s head of all things vinological and a knowledgeable wine presence, the Wine Curator is the person who will drive wine sales through an exciting and engaging presence in the operation. They will conduct wine tastings, develop the wine list in tandem with the Bar Manager, drive the success of the wine club and create a sense of buzz and excitement around each guest interaction – whether on premises or online.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable and will also be expected to ensure successful engagement with any VIP guests or reviewers from online and offline media, PR trips and other publicity opportunities. The Wine Curator, whilst knowledgeable in wines and spirits, will thrive on being a true presence, salesperson and engaging personality. They will also help to run the wine bar in the absence of the bar manager and will also assist in other areas of the business as required, including the restaurant, executive lounge and events.
Duties will include the following:
- Being a ‘face’ of the wine bar through engaging service and a passion for driving interest in wine.
- Driving sales in a fun, engaging and entertaining way.
- Running weekly ‘wine club’ tastings and developing club ideas.
- Wine list management and supplier engagement.
- Engaging with VIP and PR clients to ensure successful online and offline media presence and reviews.
- Assisting the Bar Manager in the smooth running of the wine bar and food service, including being the senior manager on shift during some periods and on a weekly basis.
- Working in other areas of the business as required – Restaurant, Executive Lounge, Events and others.
- Proactively suggesting areas for service or product enhancements and playing their part in implementing these.
What Are We Looking For?
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Exceptional knowledge of wines and wine service.
- Strong spirits/general beverage knowledge.
- Experience in food and beverage service
- Engages with ease in social situations.
- Sales and marketing awareness / development of personal brand.
- Team player who can be flexible and happy to both cover shifts and work in other areas as part of their weekly rota structure.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven desire to learn about wines and/or spirits and other beverages either on the job or in their own time and be able to talk fluently about a range of wine styles, regions and grapes.
- Experience or knowledge of sales and marketing interventions.
- Experience with and comfortable in personal branding / engagement with influencers or other media personalities.
- Certificate or diploma in beverage/food/service preferred.
- WSET qualification is highly desirable.
For further information or to apply for this position, please see link >> HERE.