Assistant Manager Meetings, Events and Weddings.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Assistant Manager in our Meetings, Events and Weddings department . This role will be based in our Hotels sales office.
We are looking for a strong, innovative, and passionate assistant manager to join our progressive hotel.
This individual will be responsible for supporting the management, maximizing profit and encouraging high departmental standards.
About the position
- Sell and coordinate Conferences, Weddings, Seminars, Exhibitions, Product launches Private dining and other private functions from the initial booking stage to end of the specific event.
- Maximize meetings and events revenue and profit through pro-active selling techniques, diary management and pricing strategy.
- Be a proactive ambassador for the Hotel specifically for weddings and conference events.
- Generate Function Sheets and communicate to the hotel team appropriately.
- Manufacture and issue contracts and quotations in a timely manner
- Plan, organize and carry out show arounds and familiarization trips as required.
- Follow up on all wedding leads which come to the hotel.
- Manage wedding site inspections and showarounds and maximise conversion at all times.
- Plan, manage and coordinate weddings from enquiry stage through to wedding day
- Achieve annual wedding conversion targets.
- Ensure the highest standards of meetings and events business processes are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure the Meetings & Events Team have the skills and knowledge to carry out their responsibilities.
- Manage the availability and co-ordination of the hotel function diary within the Hotel’s sales strategy.
- Be actively involved in Revenue & Business Review Meetings and ensure actions are followed up.
- Assume responsibility of the department in absence of senior personnel.
- A full list of responsibilities can also be forwarded prior to any application (if necessary).
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Opera experience is advantageous or similar software package
- Relevant hospitality experience in meetings/events/conferences
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Team management experience is a sales environment is highly desirable
For further information or to apply for this role, please contact Maria O’Gorman Skelly, Director of Sales & Marketing – +353 86 8332323.
About the MHL Hotel Collection:
MHL group is a renowned portfolio of well known, high profile Hotel’s throughout Ireland. Our core business rotates around our exceptional people. We provide a comprehensive on-boarding, upskilling and professional development process.
Guided through this process you will be introduced to management relevant to your new role and to our business.