The Killarney Plaza Hotel is searching for a passionate, standard driven supervisor to help run the accommodation department in one of Killarney’s most vibrant properties. Previous experience is essential for this role; we are looking for a team player who has an extreme eye for detail. The main purpose of the Housekeeping Supervisor is to oversee the supervision of housekeeping staff and to ensure the delivery of high standards of cleanliness and service throughout the property.
This includes the following:
- You will be required to maintain our high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in our bedrooms, bathrooms and public areas.
- To understand all standards of performance and delivery within the accommodation department.
- Oversee staff on a daily basis.
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness.
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence.
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards.
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job.
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests.
- Coordinates work activities among departments.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements.
- Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and complaints.
- Attend and conduct briefings for team members.
- Manage and record lost property in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations.
- Excellent organizational and team management skills.
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends.