Deputy General Manager
The Tullamore Court Hotel is now recruiting for a Deputy General Manager to join the team. We are looking to recruit a manager who is passionate about the hospitality industry and the customer experience.
The Tullamore Court Hotel offers luxury accommodation, highly acclaimed food, extensive leisure facilities complete with 20-meter swimming pool. The Tullamore Court Hotel is committed to delivering quality in all aspects of hospitality. We pride ourselves on being a Great Place to Work in the midlands; our guests return again and again and bear testimony to the efforts of our wonderful team.
Situated in the heart of the Irish countryside in Tullamore, County Offaly only 60 minutes from Dublin or Galway and 75 minutes from Limerick.
The 4* Tullamore Court Hotel is one of ten hotels in the iNua Collection which is an Irish owned regional hotel group and there are many amazing benefits to working in the company which include:
Excellent competitive salary
Purpose of Job:
To plan and direct the safe and efficient operation of the Tullamore Court Hotel. To provide guests with a quality, well maintained property, along with a quality service at all times. To focus constantly on profitability through maximising on sales and managing costs in line with budget.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the hotel and ensuring the hotel delivers the highest level of product and highest levels of service standards.
- Responsible for all operational HOD’s; and also, for the supervision of all other senior managers in the absence of the General Manager.
- Effective communication with management via weekly meetings, one on one meetings, monthly sales meetings, team meetings and memos.
- Interacting with guests regularly and obtain guest feedback directly.
- Manage the Food and Beverage Managers on developing the food and beverage product. Ensure the hotel F&B product and service is to the highest standard at all times.
- Manage the accommodation manager to ensure that accommodation standards are maintained to the highest standards and that continuous maintenance is taking place.
- Manage the banqueting team and ensure continuous development of the banqueting product and service to ensure the hotel retains its market share of this business.
- That the property is maintained to a high standard and the routine maintenance programme is being implemented.
- That I.T. systems are functioning as required for the business.
- Driving Green initiatives in the hotel.
- Driving sustainability, carbon reduction and plastic reduction in line with iNua Group initiatives.
- Ensuring payroll is kept within budget and that expenses are kept within budget. Reviewing department efficiencies for any department where payroll is consistently over budget.
- Assisting the General Manager in implementing the capital programme via obtain quotes, overseeing the implementation and ensuring we keep within budget.
- Ensuring stock takes are being carried out monthly or in line with agreed schedules. Investigating issues with GP’s/expenses are not performing. Ensuring that there are good stock control and security measures in each department.
- Working with the HR Manager to ensure all statutory training is carried out such as manual handling, fire training, food handling, allergen training, chemical training, HACCP, Pool Management, responsible serving of alcohol, first aid etc.
- Ensure operations training is carried out thoroughly with new employees in each department and that refresher training is taking place regularly.
- Developing heads of department, duty managers and supervisors through training. Identify training needs and skill gaps and plan training as appropriate. Develop succession planning for departments in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Ensuring that there is effective communication between management and employees via department meetings monthly, quarterly employee representative committee meetings, memos to employees, etc.
- Ensuring that job chats and disciplinary procedures are carried out correctly and as appropriate.
- That the Dignity and Respect at work policy is upheld at all times and that any breaches of the policy are addressed as a matter of urgency.
- Ensuring the hotel is compliant with all health and safety and fire regulations. Ensuring the property is always prepared for annual fire inspections, Food Safety inspections and H&S audits.
- Ensuring the kitchen and food and beverage departments are compliant with all HACCP regulations and that any issues highlighted by the EHO are addressed.
- Ensuring pool Management standards and the water system risk assessment policies are fully implemented.
- That accident/incident reports are filled out correctly and reported to the insurance company as appropriate.
- That annual maintenance contracts are managed in line with iNua Group tendering.