We are recruiting for a passionate and enthusiastic Reservations Agent to join our team at The Lodge at Ashford Castle. This is a full-time position, working 5 days over 7 and will include weekends.
Your main responsibilities as a Reservations Agent are handling guest enquiries relating to reservations and sales in a competent and efficient manner; able to describe accurately all the bedrooms, services and facilities; be fully familiar with all room rates available and other services; responding to all enquiries in a warm and friendly and professional manner; proactively sell bedrooms at the best rate possible, ensuring that all opportunities to achieve secondary sales and handling all guest enquires as required.
Who are we?
The Lodge at Ashford Castle is sitting within the magnificent 350 acre estate of Ashford Castle, this property overlooks magical Lough Corrib. Originally built in 1865, The Lodge offers country house charm, fine dining in Wilde’s Restaurant and an exceptional range of estate activities. One of Ireland’s finest wedding destinations, pairing warm Irish hospitality with a modern appeal.
What benefits would you get as the Reservations Agent?
- Professional, award winning training and development opportunities
- Annual Staff Appreciation Party and other Employee Recognition Events.
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation globally.
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities).
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability).
- Free meals on duty.
- Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire.
- Recommend a Friend bonus scheme
- Two paid volunteering days each year
What are we looking for in a Reservations Agent?
- Experience in 4 or 5 star hotel and/or reservations role is a plus
- Be a good planner and self-starter
- Enthusiastic, revenue driven with high attention to detail
- Have a good understanding of the reservations process
- Have the ability to maintain relationships with both internal and external clients
- Be efficient and have professional communication skills
- Proficient in MS office systems and other hotel software systems is a plus (e.g. Opera)
If this sounds like the Reservations Agent role for you then apply today and join one of the “Best Hotel Companies in the World” ! We are an equal opportunities employer.
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatashfo