Restaurant Supervisor, The Dungeon & Connaught Room
We are currently looking for a Restaurant Supervisor to join the team in our incredible F & B outlets – The Dungeon and The Connaught Room. The main focus will be to personally provide and supervise the service of food and beverages to our wonderful guests and in line with company standards.
Your main responsibilities as a Restaurant Supervisor are to engage with guests whilst embracing the Red Carnation Hotel and Forbes 5 star standards; to assist the Restaurant Manager in the daily operations; to be an example to the team in showcasing themselves as an ambassador of the hotel; to provide excellent service throughout the guest experience; work with the sommelier team to ensure an enhanced wine and beverage experience and to partner with the restaurant manager and support in delivering training and development initiatives to the team.
Who are we?
In choosing to join Ashford Castle, you become part of a significant piece of history, both of Ireland and the Red Carnation Hotel Collection. Through the grand stone gates, a royal adventure begins. This remarkable 800-year-old castle, widely recognised as Ireland’s top hotel destination and once home to the Guinness family, is exceptional in every sense. Discover exquisite interiors, delicious cuisine, a wealth of unique activities and a state-of-the-art spa. The extraordinary characters of the castle passionately care about each and every guest experience. Ashford Castle, voted No. 1 in Top 10 Resort Hotels in the UK and Ireland in Travel + Leisure ‘World’s Best’ Awards 2020 and awarded Five Stars by Forbes Travel Guide for three years in a row.
What benefits would you get as the Restaurant Supervisor?
- Professional, award winning training and development opportunities
- Annual Staff Appreciation Party and other Employee Recognition Events.
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation globally.
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third-party service providers (including Estate Activities).
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability).
- Free meals on duty.
- Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire.
- Recommend a Friend bonus scheme
- Two paid volunteering days each year
What are we looking for in a Restaurant Supervisor?
- Be a motivated and driven individual, who has a passion for food & beverage, guest care and hospitality
- Hospitality related degree is a plus
Have significant previous experience in a similar food & beverage function
- Possess a strong knowledge and passion for food & beverage
- Have the ability to manage all cost controls e.g. food cost, labour etc.
- Have experience of staff training, rotas, financial reporting, stock control and ordering
- Have excellent communication, team leadership and organisational skills
- Have the ability to handle pressurised situations and busy periods
- Be flexible, innovative and adaptable
- Have fluency in both written and spoken English
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
If this sounds like the Restaurant Supervisor role for you then apply today and join one of the “Best Hotel Companies in the World” ! We are an equal opportunities employer.
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatashford