Restaurant Supervisor, Wilde’s Restaurant at The Lodge at Ashford Castle
We are currently looking for a Restaurant Supervisor to join our fine dining team in ”Wilde’s at The Lodge” located at The Lodge at Ashford Castle.
Your main responsibilities as a Restaurant Supervisor are to support the Restaurant Manager in ensuring efficient, friendly and professional service within the outlets, ensuring that they meet the required Red Carnation Hotel service standards; to monitor daily operations within the outlets, liaising closely with management to ensure that the food & beverage operation is organised effectively to meet daily business needs; to manage the service in the absence of the Restaurant Manager, taking ownership of the operation to ensure that all guests receive an efficient, friendly and professional service at all times; to be fully aware of hotel function sheets, guest bookings and ensuring the outlet has sufficient equipment, resources and staffing levels to meet the business demands; to partner with the restaurant manager and support in implementing cost control and stock control measures and delivering training and development initiatives to the team.
Who are we?
The Lodge at Ashford Castle is sitting within the magnificent 350 acre estate of Ashford Castle, this property overlooks magical Lough Corrib. Originally built in 1865, The Lodge offers country house charm, fine dining in Wilde’s Restaurant and an exceptional range of estate activities. One of Ireland’s finest wedding destinations, pairing warm Irish hospitality with a modern appeal.
What benefits would you get as the Restaurant Supervisor?
- Professional, award winning training and development opportunities
- Annual Staff Appreciation Party and other Employee Recognition Events.
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation globally.
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third-party service providers (including Estate Activities).
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability).
- Free meals on duty.
- Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire.
- Recommend a Friend bonus scheme
- Two paid volunteering days each year
What are we looking for in a Restaurant Supervisor?
- Be a motivated and driven individual, who has a passion for food & beverage, guest care and hospitality
- Hospitality related degree is a plus
- Have significant previous experience in a similar food & beverage function
- Possess a strong knowledge and passion for food & beverage
- Have the ability to manage all cost controls e.g. food cost, labour etc.
- Have experience of staff training, rotas, financial reporting, stock control and ordering
- Have excellent communication, team leadership and organisational skills
- Have the ability to handle pressurised situations and busy periods
- Be flexible, innovative and adaptable
- Have fluency in both written and spoken English
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
If this sounds like the Restaurant Supervisor role for you then apply today and join one of the “Best Hotel Companies in the World” ! We are an equal opportunities employer.
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatashford