Senior Event Manager
Powerscourt Hotel, Resort & Spa is currently recruiting for Senior Event Manager to join our Sales & Events Department. The Senior Event Manager reporting to the Director of Event Management and will assist with overseeing all functions of the Meeting and Events Department. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, well organised, and passionate in delivering memorable experiences
This role offers a competitive salary, ongoing training, and complimentary transport to and from Bray Dart Station
About Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa:
Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa is an award-winning five-star property nestled in the foothills of the Wicklow mountains on the world-famous Powerscourt Estate, whose gardens were voted the third most beautiful gardens in the world by National Geographic. At Powerscourt Hotel our vision is to create extra-ordinary experiences for our guests with our exceptionally talented people. We provide a comprehensive training programme relevant to your new role and our business. We form part of the MHL Hotel Collection, a renowned portfolio of well-known, high-profile Hotel’s throughout Ireland and operate under the Marriott International, Autograph Collection.
About the role:
Senior Event Manager for Powerscourt Hotel. Coordinates events from proposal through to event fulfilment. Communicates with the hotel departments and customer to ensure consistent high-level service throughout from pre-event, event, and post event phase. Manages function space and room block inventory to maximise hotel profit. Ensures hotel and client fulfil group contractual commitments. Recognises opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Assist with direct day-to-day management of reactive sales & event planning to include enquiries, proposals, chasing, contracting, event planning and internal client face to face interactions. Plan and assign work, manage, and oversee the work of the M&E team. Assists the Director of Event Management with weekly forecasts and reporting for management meetings.
This role is best suited to an individual with strong organisation, communication, selling and presentation skills as the role involves communicating with clients, hotel guests and hotel departments on a daily basis.
The Ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong command of the English Language
- Have at least 2 – 3 years previous experience as a Meeting and Events Manager with proven track record in leading a large team in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Welcoming friendly personality and manner
- Have a structured and organised work approach with an ability to prioritise workload
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and be able to connect with clients to manage expectations
- Ability to manage guest room and meeting space inventories
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of Event Technology products and services
- Knowledge of contract management and legalities
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Opera Sales & Catering
Why join our team:
- Competitive Salary
- Complimentary employee bus service to and from Bray Dart station daily
- Learning and Development with opportunities for career progression
- Employee Hotel Discounts for Marriott and MHL hotels
- Complimentary Car Parking
- Meals while on duty
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Uniform provided and laundered.
For further information or to apply for this role, please visit this Jobs.ie link. You will be contacted within 5 working days should your application be brought to the next stage of the recruitment process.