Front Office Manager
The Sheraton Athlone Hotel is seeking to recruit for the position of a Front Office Manager to join our front office team.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will lead and support a great team to ensure our guests receive a warm and efficient welcome for every stay.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the planning & operation of the Front Desk.
- Preparation, implementation and training of SOP’s and Standards.
- Ensuring arrival & departure procedures are followed to ensure a positive guest experience.
- Ensure that reservations calls are dealt with in an efficient manner, delivering a high level of guest care.
- Attend Head of meetings such as Morning stand up and weekly Head of Department meeting.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is achieved in the department.
- Overseeing the allocation of rooms and liaising with Accommodation to ensure timely availability.
- Management of Marriot brand standards and championing brand initiatives among the Front Office team.
- Upsell and promote hotel amenities.
- Promote the Hotel, it’s outlets and local activities to all guests.
- Ensure filing & administration in the department is in order.
- Recruitment & training of new team members.
- Fantastic opportunity to not only lead a four star luxury Front Office but also a world leading International Brand
Qualifications / Experience required to do the job:
- Previous experience as Assistant Front Office Manager is essential.
- Working knowledge of Front Office Systems, preferably Opera is essential.
- Excellent written and spoken levels of English.
- Previous experience in a similar sized property.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Why work with us?
- Complimentary use of our Leisure Club
- Discounted rates in our Spa
- Free Car Parking
- Meals provided while on duty
- Healthcare Schemes
- Hodson Bay Group Hotel Discounts
- Marriot Explore Rate Discounts in over 7,000 properties in 131 countries
- Motivational Benefits- Employee of the Month etc.
- Active Sports & Social Club
As a member of the Hodson Bay Group, the Sheraton Athlone Hotel thrives in providing many development opportunities for motivated driven & efficient employee’s across all our departments. As a people-centric hotel group, every day we aim to foster a positive team spirit and an enjoyable working environment. We encourage this through mutual respect & trust amongst colleagues.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- MS Office and Opera
- Marriot Brand experience
For further information on this role, please contact Eoin Mannion, HR & Talent Acquisition Manager.