A day in the life of a wine curator at the Westin London City Hotel
What you’ll be doing…
Reporting to the Wine Bar Manager, you can expect your working day to include the following:
- Being a ‘face’ of the wine bar through engaging service and a passion for driving interest in wine.
- Driving sales in a fun, engaging and entertaining way.
- Running weekly ‘wine club’ tastings and developing club ideas.
- Wine list management.
- Supplier engagement.
- Engaging with VIP and PR clients to ensure successful online and offline media presence and reviews.
- Assisting the Bar Manager in the smooth running of the wine bar and food service, including being the senior manager on shift during some periods and on a weekly basis.
- Working in other areas of the business as required – Restaurant, Executive Lounge, Events and others.
- Proactively suggesting areas for service or product enhancements and playing their part in implementing these
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- We hire mostly on personality & potential but here are a few of our requirements…
- To succeed in the role of Wine Curator, you will need the following qualities and skills:
- Extensive understanding of high-end beverage service.
- Exceptional knowledge of wine, spirit and other beverage products and service standards.
- Good knowledge of food concepts and service standards.
- Rota and workforce planning skills.
- Expertise in problem solving and ability to demonstrate being a self starter who enjoys creating and implementing new ideas to drive service and revenue.
- Working as a part of a team and being flexible on role location.
- Creative and conceptual flair and being adept in generation and implementation of new ideas.
- Great knowledge of the local and London competitive scene, to assist with driving sales and opportunities.
- Relationship and rapport-building skills, especially with kitchen and back of house associates.
- Extensive experience in luxury hotel / standalone wine bar or concept wine bar environments
WHAT WE OFFER
- You will have access to a benefits package we believe truly works for our people and enhances our overall culture…
- Discounted hotel room rates for you and your friends & family
- Extra days holiday for your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free meals on duty saving you over £1000 per year
- Life assurance
Further information and a link to apply are available on >> THIS LINK.