Director of Food and Beverage
Functions as the Strategic Business Leader of the hotel’s Food and Beverage operation including restaurants, bars and lounges, room service, mini bars and banquets, where applicable.
Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures the Food and Beverage operation meets the brand’s target customer needs, ensures associate satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Required to develop and implement hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property associates and provide a return on investment to the owner and Marriott International.
- Candidate should have minimum of department head level experience preferably as Ass or F&B Manager in similar operation.
- Food and beverage “front of the house” management experience with demonstrated knowledge
- Some experience of culinary operations preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, Room Service and Banqueting operational procedures
- Knowledge of restaurant, room service, bar and banqueting equipment and routine maintenance needs
- Knowledge of menu composition and engineering
- Knowledge of food preparation
- Knowledge of food & beverage health laws
- Knowledge of liquor control procedures and beverage management.
- Ability to convert the knowledge of wines and alcoholic beverages into product sales and service
- Knowledge of food & beverage marketing/promotional techniques
- Knowledge of pricing rationale and strategies
- Retail merchandising skills
- Knowledge of event management operations
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of hotel operations as they affect department
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards
- Working knowledge of hotel laws governing operations
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Strategic planning skills
- Ability to evaluate business trends, determine applicability to customer profile and modify business strategies accordingly
- Ability to creatively execute against the strategy and drive results; can originate and invent new ways to create a unique guest experience and maximize revenue
- Ability to take constructive action without relying on directions from others
- Director of Food and Beverage
- Job Specification
- Marriott International, Incorporated Page 2
- Confidential and Proprietary
- Ability to network and build relationships to grow the business
- Ability to exercise flexibility rather than rigid adherence to procedures in order to accomplish goals
- Effective decision-making skills; can choose a course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Effective influence skills
- Strong consensus building skills
- Effective change management skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
Education or Certification
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
For a fulljob specification or for further information, please contact Lucius Farrell, Hotel Manager.