Summary of Company:
Ballyvolane House is a historic Georgian country house C1728 with extensive gardens, fishing & farm. Ballyvolane House provides luxury accommodation, bespoke exclusive weddings, glamping, private house rentals, tour groups and corporate events. It is also the home to our small batch gin distillery, Bertha’s Revenge.
Purpose of the Role:
To work closely with owners Justin & Jenny Green to provide operational and managerial support in all aspects of Ballyvolane House. To manage the day to day runnings of the house operations ensuring the Ballyvolane House standards are maintained at all times. The role is flexible due to the varied nature of the business. Liaising with all guests and staff is an important function of the role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the running of service both for large functions, weddings and smaller dinners.
- Responsible for a team of up to 15 people.
- Responsible for the F&B team to have consistent high levels of customer service, extensive wine & menu knowledge.
- Manage all external deliveries, event set up and break down while ensuring all spaces are set up in time and ensuring the property is being respected and maintained to the highest standard.
- Have adaptability and flexibility since you will be required to complete a wide array of roles.
- Revenue management:- preparing profit & loss accounts after each function.
- Assisting in wedding/event show-arounds and wedding tastings.
- Greeting guests for check in & check outs and preparing bills for house guests.
- Beverage, wine and inventory stock takes and ordering appropriate levels of stock.
- Opening & closing procedures and cashing up at the end of events.
- Responsible for team allocations, weekly rota and new hires for the F&B team.
- Responsible for conducting all training and arranging any on the job training for new and existing employees and ensuring the standards are achieved and understood.
- Dealing with guests queries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Managing the tidiness and organisation of all back of house storage areas within the house and event spaces.
We are looking for an individual who has a passion for the hospitality industry, bubbly, outgoing and professional, with a love of the countryside, the weddings and events industry and of course loves animals! Own transport is also essential for this role due to the rural location.
If you would like to apply for the job please send C.V. to email@example.com