Who We Are
HYDE Hotel is one of the most popular hotels and bars in Galway, owing to its excellent service, unique ambience, and dedicated staff. We’re focused on style with substance, whether that means high-quality cuisine served with a flourish, craft cocktails made with flair, or eye-catching surroundings that equal great stays. Our hotel’s aesthetic and service are important parts of HYDE Hotel, but our people are who we are. That’s why we’re looking for an Assistant Bar Manager who lives our values and is keen to help elevate our standards even further. Does this sound like you?
Who You Are
You’re excited to work in a boho-chic hotel that strives for incredible results. As Duty Manager, the idea of overseeing the day-to-day operation of our excellent and eye-catching hotel is something you relish. You take pride in ensuring a consistently high standard and quality of service with specific focus on both Food and Beverage as well as Rooms/Front Office departments.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- To work with the Management Team to ensure smooth running of the hotel operation
- To ensure that all staff conduct themselves in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual and hotel policy
- Ability to direct the team in all operational departments in their day to day duties
- A strong presence on the floor with a hands on approach at all service times
- To assist the Head of Department to continually improve the procedures and systems
- To maintain control over the cash on the premises (Floats, cash registers, the back safe.)
- Weekly rosters/ forecasts/ ordering and stock takes
- To handle any complaints that may arise ensuring that each complaint is handled in a manner that complies with the hotel policy
- To deal with guest queries in a friendly and professional manner, ensuring guest satisfaction
- To ensure that all fire escape routes are kept clear and the doors are kept in good working order
- To carry out security and fire walks as per schedule
- To ensure that the premises are operating in compliance with the Health & Safety at work Act 2005 and the Hotel Health & Safety Policy
- To ensure that the food and beverage department is operating within the food and hygiene regulations (HACCP)
- To ensure that all fire safety equipment is in good working order and that it is placed in the correct position as laid down by the fire officer
- Log any accidents or incidents that may occur to patrons or staff of the hotel in the Duty Managers hand over diary and / incident report forms
- To help organise sales incentives and promotions that may increase the turnover of the hotel
- Excellent organizational skills
- High levels of enthusiasm and motivation
- High level of problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership skills
- Must be standards driven and detail-oriented
Professional requirements and Experience:
- Previous experience with at least 2 years’ experience as a Duty Manager/Food & Beverage Supervisor in a Hotel.
- Hotel & Catering Qualification / Management Qualification
- Front Office experience & knowledge of front office software advantage
- Experience using a Front Office / Reception computer System
- Available to work a variety of shifts included late night, early morning and weekend shifts
For further information or to apply for this role, please contact Human Resources email@example.com / 091 38 1200