Food & Beverage Manager
Who We Are
The Connacht Hotel is a fantastic location for families, groups, couples, and tourists to stay. As one of the largest hotels in the west of Ireland, it is a very popular spot owing to our fantastic facilities, supreme service, and convenient location. Complementing these reasons are our People. They are the lifeblood of our operation, and guests and visitors consistently tell us that our team are the ones who make their stay worthwhile. So, we’re always looking for dedicated, energetic, and keen professionals who are delighted to create a positive impact.
Who You Are
You’re a dedicated team player who loves to lead and help drive consistently excellent results across the board. As a Food and Beverage Manager, you’re excited about contributing to an award-winning team, and you want to make sure we reach the goals we’ve set out. Aiming high and succeeding is your ambition, and you look forward to figuring out how best to achieve this. Whether you’re leading from the front or encouraging those around you, maximising your team’s potential is important too. Sound like you?
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- To lead the F&B department and execute the strategy to achieve department goals.
- To set targets for the F&B teams in line with the overall departmental and hotel strategy.
- To ensure adherence to SOP’s of F&B department and develop and implement new SOP’s where required.
- To support the HM/ GM in the strategic running of the hotel.
- To plan and roster team according to business demand while maintaining a labour cost awareness.
- To manage staff rosters and holiday requests on Alkimii system correctly
- To review and report staff performance
- To retain and develop employees
- Manage all training from on-boarding through to development
- Manage, support and direct the team and delegate duties
- To engage in the recruitment process by partaking in interviews, overseeing trials and making hiring decisions.
- Manage correct set-up of Restaurant, Bar and function room for all service timesand ensure consistency at all times
- Hands on approach to service when required
- To maximise profitability and identify new sources of revenue and product development
- Liaise with Revenue and Sales and Marketing on the food and beverage promotional programme for the year ensuring profitability
- Support/Oversee events in the hotel to ensure excellence in service at all times.
- Working alongside with The Executive Chef with menu design
- To liaise with Meetings & Events department to ensure all booking requirements for F&B are correct and delivered.
- To engage, foster and grow existing and new customer relationships
- Manage the budget and cost effectiveness of the department
- To be responsible for payroll costs for department and to ensure they are meeting the forecasted payroll costs.
- To ensure proper control of cash handling
- To manage and control stock effectively in the bar and food service areas
- To liaise with HR to ensure compliance with licensing regulations, health & safety, employment regulations and other statutory regulations.
- Customer orientated
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership and delegation
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of food and beverage
- Strategic thinking
Professional requirements and Experience:
- Proven track record from a similar role with emphasis on Food & Beverage leadership from a Hotel in Ireland
- Hospitality/ Catering Degree desirable
- Experience in coordinating, planning and executing large events and conferences desirable
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Fluent in English written and verbal
- Event Management desirable
For further information or to apply for this role, please contact Human Resources email@example.com / 091 38 1200.