Front Desk Supervisor –
What we’re looking for:
- A team-first attitude
- Great hospitality skills as well as attention to detail
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous experience in a similar quality or five-star, high volume environment is a big plus
As our new Front Desk Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering a memorable service-experience to our guests
- Supervising the Front Office associates
Representing the front desk in the Front Office Manager’s absence
- Upholding the service standards in all you do
- Supporting the wider Rooms Division team with daily operational tasks
- Assist staff with expediting problem payments (e.g., problems processing credit card).
- Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations.
- Block rooms in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in.
- Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
For further information, please Fady Sursock, Directeur Hébergement/Director of Rooms
T: +33 (0) 1 85 74 64 48