Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Located in Raheen, Limerick, Great National South Court Hotel is inviting applicants for the position of Assistant Food & Beverage Manager to join our dynamic team. We are passionate about wonderful food, great vibes and a memorable dining experience and need you to be too.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager and have a key role in maximising opportunities in the OTB Gastropub, ensuring the Food & Beverage service team are developed in a structured manner and the customers are offered the highest quality standards and value for money, whilst at the same time achieving all Food & Beverage operational key targets.
As Assistant Food & Beverage Manager you will play a key role in delivering a friendly and professional service to our customers and guests. It is your responsibility to ensure that you provide the highest standard of customer service and care to the customers and guests at all times, to the very best of your ability. You will also be responsible for the day to day operations of the Off The Bone Gastropub with specific responsibility for training, stock control, payroll management/rostering and cash procedures.
We are proudly certified as a Great Place to Work since November 2022 and are certified as an Excellent Employer for 2023 as part of Failte Ireland’s Employer Excellence Program and we offer structured programs for growth and career advancement as we consider our employees to be our greatest asset.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To maintain the highest standard of customer service by promoting and encouraging a friendly and efficient service to all guests and inspiring & motivating your team to do likewise.
- To work closely with the OTB Brand manager in the development of the “OTB Brand”
- To deal with customer queries and complaints in a friendly, efficiently and courteous manner.
- To promote good communications within your team so that all staff are aware of the business within the hotel any change, standards of service etc.
- To set a good example for the staff with regard to punctuality, attendance, attitude and hygiene.
- To be actively involved in the training and re training of new and existing staff, ensuring staff are equipped to work in a fast-paced busy restaurant/ bar on all shifts.
- To ensure rostered hours are adhered to and staff do not work outside of hours without management request and that labour is controlled at all times
- To assist in establishing, implementing, and re-training on standards of performance (SOP) within the service areas, ensuring all standards are followed and all employees are trained in the delivery of same.
- To ensure that security systems & procedures relating to the bar stock and cash are implemented, till procedures are followed correctly and cashed up as per SOP’s.
- To be responsible for maintaining correct levels of bar stock and carry out monthly stocktake of all assets within the department
- To ensure all deliveries are checked in correctly and that all relevant delivery dockets/ invoices are correct and signed for same.
- To ensure that the gross margin is maximised through the implementation and monitoring of established Bar Controls/Procedures, being familiar with stock ordering, goods inwards, correct storage, approved purchasing agreements.
- To ensure that all staff are wearing full branded uniform and name badge when they arrive for work and are always fit for service before receiving our customers as per Great National standards, having pride and commitment in your area of work.
- To actively promote the sale of food and drinks in the bar and devise various promotion campaigns encouraging staff to employ recognised and effective selling techniques.
- To advise staff of unavailability, composition of dishes (allergen awareness), information relation to drinks, wines, cocktails etc., and any other relevant information in order to ensure the efficient operation of the Bar.
- To manage all people related KPI’s within the team including performance appraisals, internal training schedules, disciplinary related matters, recruitment attraction and retention campaigns and overall employee engagement and wellbeing for the OTB and wider hotel team.
- To achieve the best standards of cleanliness and hygiene for the restaurant through organised cleaning and check that such cleaning is carried out on an on-going basis i.e. morning, throughout the day and end of days service
- To ensure that the F&B areas have safe working practices and procedures in operation for both customers and staff and that these procedures are adhered to at all times and all accidents are reported immediately in writing to the relevant members of management
- To be fully competent in the Fire Drill procedures and ensure that your staff understand the same.
- To carry out duty management shifts when required and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- To attend hotel and departmental meetings as required, ensuring effective communication at all levels to support the maintaining of all company policies and procedures and ensure all necessary information is communicated to all team members.
- To comply with all legal regulations pertaining to Health, Safety, Fire, Employment legislation and the Intoxicating Liquor Act and to ensure that all hygiene regulations are adhered to at all times.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant Assistant Food & Beverage Manager experience in the hospitality sector or similar.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager or similar is preferable
- Previous experience with KPI’s, budgets, stock control, and forecasting
- Exceptional leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve a high level of performance.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and approachable nature
- Level headed with a proven ability to work under pressure and delegate duties to the team.
- Positive, outgoing, and friendly personality
- Associate’s degree, diploma, or certification in a relevant Food & Beverage qualification is advantageous.
- Sound knowledge and passion for food handling, food standards and presentation
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task and adapt to change during busy service times.
- Adaptable and willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends as per operational requirements (must be available for weekends, early starts and late finishes)
- Effective collaboration and communication and strong team player skills.
- Have full permission or hold a valid visa to work in the EU
What we can offer you:
- Company funded educational programmes
- Shape your career path with us! Opportunity for internal career growth, progression & promotion with the GN Group nationwide.
- Advanced online training programs through our E-learning personal development platform
- Access to GN Employee Assistance & Digital Wellbeing Program
- Recruitment bonus through our GN refer a friend scheme
- Excellent Employee Recognition Programme including employee of the month, long service awards, team recognition days and random treat days
- Employee Social Events to celebrate our teams success together
- Industry leading complimentary meals on duty and barista style coffee
- Attractive 20% Employee discount on bar & restaurant food
- Favourable Friends and Family discounted best available rates in our GN Hotels nationwide.
- Save money and be healthy with our Bike to work scheme
- Xmas savings club
- On site parking
- Uniform provided.
Please contact Stefan Maidment, Deputy GM for further information >> email@example.com
The South Court Hotel is an equal opportunities employer