Wedding & Events Manager
Castlemartyr Resort is seeking an experienced Wedding and Events Manager with excellent attention to detail to join their team.
The role is focused on managing the Weddings and Events office team to maximise conversion of weddings and events for the Resort as well as be the point of contact for clients / couples from enquiry stage to the day of their event.
You will assist with the handover of weddings & events to the operations team, providing a high level of guest care, whilst supporting the sales team to achieve the annual sales targets for the hotel. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a Meeting & Events sales role within a 4* or 5* Hotel environment.
As Wedding & Events Manager you will:
- Assist with the creation and implementation of the wedding and events strategy for Castlemartyr Resort.
- Maximise hotel revenue and guest satisfaction by ensuring accurate and effective processing of conference bookings, weddings, and private functions.
- Prepare regular reports and forecast for Weddings and Events when requested.
- Conduct client site inspections and wedding show -rounds
- Responsible for the Manage the reactive Wedding and Events Sales Team
- conversion of event and wedding enquiries
- Implement new policies and procedures to ensure successful tracking of enquiries and lost business.
- Utilize Hotsoft to its full capacity ensuring that bookings and activities are inputted correctly and that all follow up on enquires and existing bookings is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the issuing and receiving of all Wedding and Events contracts and payments.
Qualities we are looking for:
- A proven track record in a similar role within a Wedding and Events team in 4* or 5* Hotel environment
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal & Personal Presentation Skills.
- Driven and ambitious to consistently deliver and exceed service standards.
- Clear thinker with excellent communication abilities and attention to detail.
- Previous experience of using Hotel PMS systems.
- Commercially aware.
- Maximises revenue and guest satisfaction by receiving and responding to Wedding & Events enquiries and related room reservations in a timely fashion.
- Upholds a high level of regular, frequent, accurate, and timely communication to all related departments regarding the Wedding & Events function within the hotel.
- Supports the Sales teams in generating leads and referring business by analysing current business, denied business, and identifying potential new business through the office.
- Follows up with guests to determine satisfaction; measures result and supports strategies to improve the quality of the guest experience.
- Have fluent English.
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive salary
- Discounted on-site Gym Membership
- Staff Parking
- Discounted accommodation rates at our sister properties and at Castlemartyr Resort
- Training and Development
- Free Meals on duty
- Referral Scheme (Monetary value for each person you bring to work with us)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Events
- Schedule – Weekend availability
- Ability to commute/relocate – Grange, Castlemartyr, CO. Cork: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Language – English (preferred)
- Work Location – In person
Applications via email to Recruit@castlemartyrresort.ie