Graduate Consultant – Hotel, Tourism & Leisure Department
Crowe is a leading business advisory and accountancy firm, ranking among the top 10 firms in Ireland. Our HTL department is seeking an individual who has experience in the HTL sector to work as an advisor/consultant on the HTL team.
This is an exciting role that would suit someone who is straight out of college and/or with 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role or in industry. The candidate would be working in the Corporate Finance Division, reporting directly to the Director of Hotel, Tourism and Leisure and it is a great opportunity for a graduate to immerse themselves in HTL consultancy, advisory, asset management and to work on a wide range of interesting projects.
This role with will incorporate a number of key function areas:
- Research: this may be either qualitative or quantitative. A research role requires someone who is inquisitive and enjoys learning and analysing results.
- Analysis: understanding of basic financial accounts and survey analysis. Use of Excel to analyse and model data.
- Report writing: excellent writing skills.
Crowe have a specialisation in the HTL sector and is Ireland’s leading consultancy practice serving this industry. We have an unmatched depth of knowledge, and the Annual Ireland Hotel Industry Survey is regarded as the industry bible. Our HTL team are regarded as the leading authority in the market and regularly lecture and author reports on trends and developments in the sector.
Key result areas
- Conduct research both primary and secondary in relation to client projects and business development as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Provide support to ensure that internal research and statistics are up to date and accurate.
- Provide support with the administration of the database of hotels and projects within Ireland.
- Manage and plan own workload. Ensure that projects and cases are satisfactorily completed and within agreed timescales.
- Attend client meetings and keep up to date records.
- Assist management with engagements including business reviews, feasibility studies, valuations, due diligence, preparation of business plans, research projects and other advisory work.
- Prepare presentations and proposals for clients and events.
- Stay up to date with hotel and tourism industry trends, changes and updates.
- Be fully conversant and understand the authority levels of this role and those of all relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance with the firm’s policies, procedures and regulations.
Essential knowledge & skills:
- A relevant 3rd level qualification plus evidence of overall academic achievement.
- Previous experience in the hospitality sector.
- Excellent written skills.
- Excellent analysis skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team-orientated environment.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at any one time.
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in a similar firm or consulting business would be desirable but not essential.
- Networking: Proven ability to listen, build rapport, influence and build relationships.
- Results-driven: Proven ability to focus on performance, meet deadlines and produce results.
- Self-management: Displays self-control, confidentiality, confidence and resilience.
- Self-development: Evidence of enthusiasm and awareness of developments in the commercial and business advisory sectors.
- Initiative: Evidence of sound judgement, common sense and an ability to make reasoned decisions.
Applications received will be stored on our system and may be considered for similar positions that may arise within the next year. By applying for this position, you hereby agree to the personal data contained in your application, and provided by you to Crowe, being retained by us for a period of up to one year from the date of receipt of your application. If you are applying for a position and you do not wish for your details to be stored by us, please notify us by emailing email@example.com and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application.