Front Office Manager
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic professional to join our award winning team as Front Office Manager. A jewel in Ireland’s Ancient East, our Island Resort offers the very best of Irish hospitality on the most beautiful and spacious surroundings imaginable. Our historic 16th Century luxury Castle hotel combines the gracious living of an elegant past with every modern comfort and convenience.
If you have a passion for hospitality, exceptional leadership skills and a keen eye for detail, we invite you to bring your expertise to our renowned castle located on a picturesque island.
To learn more, please visit www.waterfordcastleresort.com/careers or contact email@example.com
Role Purpose: To liaise in a friendly and efficient manner with guests on arrival, whilst in-house and on departure and to ensure the smooth flow of communication throughout all departments.
Responsibilities & Main Duties:
- To communicate all services & hotel amenities to guests and have an excellent knowledge of the local area.
- To facilitate in the check in & check out of guests.
- To ensure your department has a relevant ‘Standard Operating Procedure’ drafted, and all staff is fully aware & trained in the S.O.P and all skills are implemented and followed at all times by your team and to review and retrain when necessary.
- To carry out efficient rostering of employees to suit business needs and make necessary adjustments when required, ensuring the placement of staff is done fairly & when necessary, in various areas/departments around the hotel.
- To be vigilant and ensure that policies regarding all methods of payments & invoicing are always complied with.
- To ensure that message handling is carried out correctly in line with the department SOP.
- To handle reservation, amendments, cancellations, brochure requests, confirmation letters, room allocations & general enquiries to the hotel standard always.
- To ensure that the Lobby & Front Office areas are always to the highest possible standards of cleanliness & guest comfort.
- To operate the telephone in an efficient, friendly manner, to the standard of procedures at all times.
- To always assist in the smooth flow of communication within the department & throughout the hotel.
- To handle customer concerns & complaints in a professional & tactful manner and refer to senior management when required.
- To ensure the safekeeping of guest items entrusted to you.
- To report to systems/facilities efficiently and in a timely manner should problems with computers, phones, Wi-Fi or Hotsoft occur and ensure the issue is documented correctly & senior management is notified.
- To organise staff breaks while ensuring an even flow of service.
- To familiarise yourself with the hotel fire alarm procedures, system & panel.
- To report and where possible act on incidents, fire loss or damage.
- To report and correctly document any maintenance work required.
- To carry out other duties as required or directed to by management.
Customer Care Focus:
- To ensure the highest standards of service and customer care are always offered.
- To ensure the delivery of these services also meets the highest operational standards set out by industry as best practice.
- Encourage feedback from the customer through service staff and management to ensure guest expectations are being met.
- To continually strive for service improvements within your department.
- To adhere to the core values of the hotel and to cooperate, assist & serve all other departments in the hotel
- To handle concerns & complaints from customers in a professional and tactful manner.
- To provide hands on delivery of advice & knowledge to customers.
- To ensure good communication & relationships is maintained between your team and other departments whom you liaise with to engage in a positive manner
For further information or to apply fr this role, please contact Laura Coffey, Executive Assistant.